Female Futuristic/Combat Boots Without Any Heels!

There are a lot of costumes which are finally creating practical-looking appearances for female futuristic or combat costumes in the store, but they almost always come with high heels. Can't imagine they would be terribly useful for running around or leaping over things with!

The 'Evil Shadow Outfit' is a great example of this: Some really fantastic attention to detail and perfect in almost every respect, but I can't really use it for any action-themed poses, which are really what it looks perfect for, because it has those obvious high heels (and I actually really love the detailing and texturing on the boots it has). The only way to do that is to crop away the feet, but that feels like it defeats the point of such great crafting.

So, can we please have some futuristic or combat boots in the future which at least have a morphing option for removing the stiletto, if not simply do away with it?

Comments

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,744

These are in fastgrab right now  http://www.daz3d.com/sci-fi-boots-for-genesis-2-female-s

• XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421

Yeah, I remember getting those, the moment they got released. :) Shame there haven't been any Iray updates for them, but they render fine in it, regardless.

• SigurdSigurd Posts: 1,085
    edited October 2016

I have only made props and buildings so far so I have no idea what goes into making clothing but if the PAs could include a practical set of boots along with the stiletto I think they would sell better. I have had a female assassin outfit set in my cart three or four times but the boots keep keep making me put her back. I am reasonably certain that the addition of practical boots, even at a slightly higher price, would make these more attractive to many customers. This would allow those who like the stylized look and the slightly more practical look to be happy at the same time.

Please do not get me wrong, the boots in this set look great. I really love the style. I would just like to see it in a low heeled version. I could use different boots, but I fear they would not look as nice as it would not match the rest of the ensemble ( I know assassins probably care little for this consideration but artists sometimes do).

My other concerns with using other boots is sometimes they do not fit well with the pants. I have had this experience in the past with an outfit that had knee high boots that I did not like and bought it knowing I would substitute my own boots. When I removed the boots, the pants ended right below the knee and none of my footwear looked right with it. This could be another suggestions for PAs is to include a picture without the footwear in their promos for those thinking of substituting their own.

My 2 cents.

Post edited by Sigurd on
  • XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421

Seems that 'TreadZ' has been updated for the newer generations and is incorporating this feature! Hopefully, this might spark inspiration for other clothing creators.