Virtual Reality

This might be something you don't hear often.  I recently acquired an Oculus Rift VR headset, and I absolutely love the potential of the technology.  Sure, I use it mostly for playing games, but it has lots of flexibility for other uses.  One idea I thought might be cool is if I could use 3D software, like DAZ Studio, in a VR environment.  Is this something you guys might be interested in developing?  I'd definitely be willing to test this functionality. :D  Sure, it might not be something that a lot of users would be interested in, but I think many users who do have the capability would love to be able to see their creations in a full 3D, virtual environment and be able to make adjustments from this interface.

Comments

• I can program that easy but I dont think people would want to pay out $600 for a Oculus Rift VR headset!!!

• JeremyDJeremyD Posts: 265

I have a HTC Vive and I suspect we are in the extreme minority here. (sadly)

I would love to be able to create my scene in 3D space. (Similiar to Tilt Brush) Navigating a 3D scene with a 2D Monitor feels clunky at times.

One can only dream, tho...

• KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854

If we could what virtual size would everything be? Table top? Working in a to scale environment is out of the question and even half scale would be a nightmare for most scenes. Mind you I don't see an oculus rift anywhere in my future at any point. Not least because of recent news. I'm just curious about expectations.