Import and Export Settings saved

lenwilderlenwilder Posts: 188
edited October 2016 in Product Suggestions

I have bought alot fo content over the past couple years and a large part I haven't used.  I buy it when it is on sale to save money when I need it.

My work is video production.  Everything I buy in the content shop is for export to other applications where I do my work (3dxchange to IClone 6 mostly)

I have to constantly and tediously try to work out export settings for the content items.

Complete sets composed of multiple props can be very time consuming, because the colors and textures don't export, or there are items that are mislocated in export, etc.

Yesterday I bought the DJ Equipment content for an immediate project.  So, I expended alot of "get it done energy" yesterday on this.  I only have  few days to complete the project and this content will be required in about 1/3 the frames of a 3 minute video.  In other words, this isn't the only thing that has to be done.

http://www.daz3d.com/dj-equipments

which is basicaly a complete set if desired or separate props.I tried the FBX many combinations, the OBJ many combinations over about a 4 hour period.  Still, I don't have a workable content for use in IClone.

I really do think I will eventually find a combination of settings that will work.  It may take more hours, but eventually I will get there.  I have had similar problems before and eventually solved the issues.  Yet, I forget the settings when I don't export the same every time or on a constant basis.  

It is important for Daz3d to understand there are many users like myself who have ventured into the Daz3d over the past couple years with the abilty to use Daz3d content in other applications.

I currently have purchased over 1,600 content items and I think other video producers may be similar purchasers of Daz3d content.  Daz3d needs to understand when we create video we are using a lot of content... 60 FPS, not single frame static images.  We have to have alot of content to make videos interesting.  

Personally, I would appreciate a file tool to save, save as, load, etc. tool as part of the export/import settings.  This way I could call up the settings for a specific type of content item and save me hours of work, going back and forth, loading, uploading, exporting, etc. 

Last night I was thinking to just make screen capture of the export settings and create my own respository.  This will have to do, if I continue to use Daz3d content.  I don't know if there are some anomalies associated with the PA content created from various applications.  

I would appreciate Daz3d look into this matter.  The attachments describe the types time consuming things that occur with some exports, especially preloads with many props.

The attachments.  left to right... 1 is view in Daz3d of item. Everything in place with colors,etc., Export settings, opened in 3dxchange for edits to Iclone 6 (upper right there are components floating in the air,  the final view is IClone where the components are still floating in the air. 

I am open to suggestions as well. 

capture_001_10102016_090248.jpg
776 x 701 - 33K
capture_002_10102016_090548.jpg
969 x 709 - 79K
capture_003_10102016_090901.jpg
1335 x 870 - 225K
capture_006_10102016_091236.jpg
963 x 640 - 48K
Post edited by lenwilder on

Comments

• kaotkblisskaotkbliss Posts: 2,914

It looks like you can export your settings from Daz to a csv (database) So when you find settings that work, then next time you can import the working csv file and it looks like it should apply those settings that were saved.