Poser Support & Versatility STRONGLY influence my purchases

mmitchell_houstonmmitchell_houston Posts: 2,472
edited October 2016 in Product Suggestions

I just want to mention this to the vendors and content creators as something to think about. I spend about $100 a month on digital content (and during big sales, sometimes double or triple that). It's not all spent here at Daz, but the bulk of it is.

During all of the sales frenzy going on, I've seen several things that interested me, but then I passed on them for two reasons:

1. The product didn't list Poser support in the product description. I occassionally scroll down and see that it does come with a DSON installer, so if I read down that far I might still consider the product, especially for simple things like props. After all, it's not too difficult to tweak a scene or item to work in Poser.
  2. For hair and clothing, though, the first thing that makes me move on is that it only works on a single generation of figure. In other words, if it's for Genesis 3 only, I will probably pass. Items that support G3 and earlier Genesis models (or even have a cheap pose/fit package) definitely hold my attention longer and are more likely to entice me into buying them. And I apologize if this comes off rude, but I just don't care that it might be easy to fit the hair to other figures and make adjustments to make it work. I have better things to do with my time than try to fit some fiddly hair model to a scalp on which it wasn't designed to fit.

I'm not trying to speak for others -- but these are two things that influence how I spend my money, and I just wanted to give you something to think about.

Post edited by mmitchell_houston on

Comments

•  I occassionally scroll down and see that it does come with a DSON installer, so if I read down that far I might still consider the product, especially for simple things like props. After all, it's not too difficult to tweak a scene or item to work in Poser.

The DSON package is for Daz Studio - what you would be looking for is Poser Companion Files (PoserCF).

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,226

During all of the sales frenzy going on, I've seen several things that interested me, but then I passed on them for two reasons:

1. The product didn't list Poser support in the product description. 

I agree.  As a Carrara user, the Poser format has become pretty much a requirement (in addition to Carrara format, of course).  Happily, some sites now have "New Poser" filters so I don't have to sort through all the DAZ Studio items.