Mesopotamian King for G3M and Other Products

Hello, everyone. I started using DAZ Studio in the summer of 2015, and this is the first time I’ve ever posted anything in DAZ’s forums. I’ve just recently discovered that DAZ Studio has a product suggestions page. Below is a list of fourteen product suggestions I’ve developed over the past year after I’ve purchased products and found they didn’t work the way I wanted them to or after I failed to find other products I’ve wanted to purchase. In these suggestions, I’ll give a title to each product and I’ll explain why I’m suggesting that product. 

Mesopotamian King for Genesis 3 Male

Out of all the products I’ll suggest, this product is the one I would like to see the most. I plan to do a lot of renders of Bible scenes and ancient civilizations. DAZ has many excellent Greek, Persian, Indian, and Egyptian products. But, at least on DAZ Studio’s website, I can’t find any products inspired by ancient Mesopotamia. This would include the cultures of ancient Babylonia, Assyria, Sumeria, and others. Meshbox Design has created sets and props for biblical and ancient Mesopotamian scenes, such as their Lachish: Bible City set and their Tower of Babel prop. HiveWire has a large Mesopotamia-themed set that’s compatible with DAZ Studio 2.3+, called Hanging Gardens of Nimrud. Renderosity also has old Poser sets inspired by ancient Near Eastern structures from Ian M. Palmer. But I’ve never come across any Mesopotamian outfits on any 3D websites. I’d like to suggest that DAZ artists create an outfit for a Mesopotamian king, especially the distinctive conical crown, similar to the ones in these images below from the illustrator Roger Payne:

Image One

https://bookpalace.com/acatalog/info-PayneBabylonZigLL.html

Image Two

https://bookpalace.com/acatalog/info-PayneMaskLL.html

Image Three

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/36/24/cd/3624cd71a345cac405dfbc33808723ca.jpg

I’ve considered using Shiny SheetZ products for this type of costume, since those sheets look somewhat similar to this type of outfit. But the product I’m suggesting would look more like the costume I want. It would be great if this product came in several different textures.

Mesopotamian Queen for Genesis 3 Female

In each of the images above and below there are women wearing distinctive Mesopotamian clothing. I’d like to suggest a royal outfit, made for G3F, similar to the costumes in the images above or below or any image of regal Mesopotamian female clothing. I’ve considered using Shiny SheetZ products for this type of costume as well, since they look somewhat similar to this type of dress. But the product I’m suggesting would look more like the dress I want. This product could complement the Mesopotamian outfit for G3M. It would be great if this product came in several different textures as well.

Image One

https://lauravaleri.files.wordpress.com/2014/09/d8a78-sumeriangarments.jpg?w=744&h=812

Image Two

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-q_aW2uucXnI/ToStGv3nA4I/AAAAAAAAAAc/8UCB1Q8DHMM/s1600/index.php.jpeg

Atlantida Temple Iray Add-On

The Atlantida Temple product is a beautiful sci-fi structure that I want to use in my renders at some point in the future. The exterior of the temple renders well in Iray, but when I attempt to render the interior, it’s rather dark. I believe this is because it wasn’t made with Iray materials. I tend to render most of my images with DAZ’s Iray render engine, since it seems to be the easiest render engine for me to use and quickly gives me extremely realistic results. I also have Reality’s Luxrender engine, but I haven’t mastered it yet. I’ve tried to add a light source to the temple’s interior, but lighting is probably the most difficult aspect of 3D rendering for me learn. I’m not getting satisfying results. DAZ Studio has created Iray versions of products like the GIS and Future Series. Thus, I would like to suggest that DAZ artists do the same thing for the Atlantida Temple, and perhaps all the Atlantida products.       

Dynamic Tunics and Sashes for Genesis 3 Male and Genesis 3 Female

These versatile outfits were first created for Michael 4 and Victoria 4. DAZ artists created a new version of this product for G2M, G2F, and Genesis. I would like to see a version of this product for G3M and G3F.   

Egyptian Knight for Genesis 3 Male

Since I plan to do renders of ancient civilizations, having a set of ancient Mesopotamian armor would help me create battle scenes. Yet the only armor DAZ has available on their website that’s closest to what ancient Mesopotamian soldiers wore is the Egyptian Knight for David 3. I purchased this product, but since it’s such an old product it doesn’t look too good when I render it in Iray, especially in an HDRI environment. I would love to see a newer version of this product for G3M. And just like the older version, I would also like for it to come in multiple textures.  

Iray Animal Skin Shaders

I would like to change the shaders of some of the 3D clothing I own to animal skins textures, and I want to use Iray shaders. DAZ has products like Furify: Fur Shaders, Leather and Fur Iray Shaders, and Animal Things. I purchased Leather and Fur Shaders, but they seem to be intended for things like toy animals and such. What I would like is a set of Iray shaders similar to the textures of Jungle Goddess for G3F, Jungle Girl for G2F, or Renderosity’s Storyteller for Jungle Girl.   

Bast for Genesis 3 Female

This is an interesting Egyptian outfit for G3F, but it’s only available on RuntimeDNA’s website. I tried to create a RuntimeDNA account just to buy this product but, as some might have experienced themselves, I was sent straight to DAZ’s website. I’ve seen several products advertised with this outfit, such as the new Akasha for G3F, EgpytV4, and PS-Tia. I’ve also seen it in renders users have posted in the galleries. Since RuntimeDNA has merged with DAZ, DAZ may already be planning to offer this outfit. But I just wanted to make my product suggestion known.    

Sun Hall Iray Add-On

This is another beautiful sci-fi set that I’d like to use in some of my renders. But just as the Atlantida Temple prop, when I try to render the interior of this product in Iray, it’s rather dark. In fact, it’s almost pitch black. I would like to suggest an Iray version of this product.

Moroccan Dreams for Genesis 3 Male

The generation 4 version of this product can be fitted to G2M and G3M, but the outfit distorts when you pose the figure. I would like to suggest a new version of this for G3M.

Moroccan Dreams for Genesis 3 Female

DAZ has several Persian/Arab themed products for belly dancers, but this is one of the few products I could find for what seems to be an aristocratic Persian/Arab woman. This product can be fitted to G2F and G3F, but, just like previous product, it distorts if you pose the figure. I would like to suggest an new version of this for G3F.

Dinosaur Saddle and/or Battle Armor

This is a product I would like to have for fantasy renders I want to create. The only product DAZ already has that’s similar to this is Tawhawk. Even though I’m not sure if this type of product can be made, I would like to see a product like this that can be fitted to dinosaurs like the saddles and armor that can be fitted to DAZ Horse 2 and DAZ Big Cat 2.

DAZ Horse 3

Just as DAZ artists have created a new elephant product and a new Iray version of Tyrannosaurus Rex, I would like to suggest a new Iray version of DAZ’s horse.    

DAZ Big Cat 3

A big problem I’m having with DAZ’s Big Cat 2 product is that when I render it in Iray the fur is far too bright. The cat's eyes are black as well. When I render it in Reality it looks fine. Since I prefer to use Iray, I would like to suggest a new Iray version of DAZ’s big cat.    

Babylon Set for Iray

As I mentioned above, HiveWire offers a Mesopotamia-themed set called Hanging Gardens of Nimrud. But it would be great, in fact stunning, to see a set like this in Iray. Below are examples of what I’m talking about.

Image One  

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/I1Hbht4iNQg/maxresdefault.jpg

Image Two

http://www.realmofhistory.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Gorgeous_3D_animation_Babylon_ancient_Mesopotamia_1.jpg

Image Three

http://www.realmofhistory.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Gorgeous_3D_animation_Babylon_ancient_Mesopotamia_2.jpg

Comments

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,418

YES! I like all of your proposals (except for the Iray; I don't use it)!