Higher Resolution via GoZ to ZBrush (DAZ 5?)

Currently, if I want to move back and forth between DAZ Studio 4.9 and ZBrush 4R7, I have to convert figure meshes to Base Resolution. It would be nice if I could use the model's native resolution in making modifications. Certainly, it's no problem for ZBrush to handle the higher polygon counts. Maybe this feature is under consideration for DAZ Studio 5--? Thanks!

Comments

• Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581

Base is the native resolution. HD is currently DAZ's brand so your only option right now is to make displacements and normal maps in zbrush.

• IsaacNewtonIsaacNewton Posts: 1,300

Sorry kevphil, HD is only available for PAs. I have been searching for news of DS 5.0 being released and have found nothing recent. If DAZ3d are planning to release DS 5.0 then I must congratulate them on their secrecy arrangements as there is not a whisper on the net. Even when they do release DS5.0, it seems unlikely that they will include HD as this would allow non-PA individuals to be more creative and thus less dependant on the DAZ3d shop and it's PAs. Worse, there is the risk of people using the DAZ3d HD technology to create items which they then sell over at the competition sites. One can't blame DAZ3d for making this commercial decision to protect their investment. However, I do wish they would sell a licence to use the technology for purely personal use.