New DAZ house cat?

Is anyone working on a new DAZ house cat?  I would love to see a more realistic cat.

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,159
    edited December 2016

There's a cat by AM in the work apparently. And Hivewire3D has released a house cat recently too.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/130491/millennium-cat/p1

Post edited by Leana on
  • GreybroGreybro Posts: 2,489

The Hivewire one is pretty excellent. I always felt like th Mil Cat was never really up to DAZ standards and had a wierd requirement of buying the expensive add on to have even the basic textures. I wonder if it would be possible to create a house sized morph for the Big Cat 2?

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,159
    Greybro said:

I always felt like th Mil Cat was never really up to DAZ standards and had a wierd requirement of buying the expensive add on to have even the basic textures.

That was rather standard practice at the time it was released to have the texture separate. Generation 3 figures didn't come with any textures, for example.

And IMO the Mil Cat is actually still quite good for such an old model...

• There's a "Look at my Hair" free preset at furry things  that improves the look of the Mil Cat 

http://www.furrythings.com/presets-animals/

• GreybroGreybro Posts: 2,489

Ahh, I see your point about the textures. Well, I've seen the Mil made to look good and have even gotten some interesting results myself, but out of the box, of course the much newer figures are more complete. Hey, it was all we had when it came out right? Not knocking it, just wishing for something on the level of BC#2 for us Daz'rs.

Mil Cat

• I was thinking on making a product with cat. But I'll have to see if it works. Never modelled animals before.

Should be challenging.

• Leana said:
    Greybro said:

I always felt like th Mil Cat was never really up to DAZ standards and had a wierd requirement of buying the expensive add on to have even the basic textures.

That was rather standard practice at the time it was released to have the texture separate. Generation 3 figures didn't come with any textures, for example.

And IMO the Mil Cat is actually still quite good for such an old model...

there was if I recall a tabby texture you had to look for in the base LE  version, it never had a pose file to load it.

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,908

AM is developing a series of animals, including house cats. He does amazing work, so many of us are eagerly waiting. ;)