Creating the Right Content Folder Structure

SuperdogSuperdog Posts: 765
edited January 2013 in New Users

I had DAZ 3 installed awhile back and recently installed DAZ Studio 4.5 along with some of the content I've bought. I'm just getting to understand the different kinds of installers and which are the correct ones to install for DAZ Studio 4.5. My folders are set up in the attached image. Is this correct or should I uninstall and reinstall everything so that my folder structure is correctly organised? I'd like to get this right before installing any more content.

DAZ_Folders.jpg
277 x 914 - 78K
Post edited by Superdog on

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

You have nested Content and Runtime folders, and that will not work.

If you are using Windows, merge these folders. You don't seem to be using the My Library folder for anything, and that is the new default folder for DS4.5, and you should install any new content there.

Are you having trouble finding content at the moment, you are bound to be missing items with your current structure I think?

DAZ_Folders_2.jpg
    277 x 914 - 138K
  • SuperdogSuperdog Posts: 765
    edited January 2013

Thanks I think I am missing content or it's all over the place and I can't find it. How do I merge Win 7 folders? I'll start installing all content into the My Library folder from now on.

I just checked the folders you highlighted and there was only one folder for Michael 4 (puppeteer presets) in the duplicates so I've moved it to the main M4 folder and deleted the duplicates. Thanks for your help.

Post edited by Superdog on
  • JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Windows automatically merges folders, unlike Mac. Just drag the content folder into the folder which holds the first content folder, and drop it there. You will get a warning message, but that is OK. Do the same with the runtime folder. Make sure that you are dropping into the folder which 'HOLDS' the content folder, or you will just end up with more nested folders.

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449
    edited January 2013

Do not merge the Runtime folders, once you merge the Content folders the Runtime folder will have been taken care of.

Edited to add. If you did merge the runtimes first it won't mess anything up (in this case) it just isn't necessary as merging the content folders will also merge the runtimes (again, in this case)

Post edited by jestmart on