Mimic and morphing problems

Rarewolf359Rarewolf359 Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

I've been watching Daz3D for several years, dabbled a bit during that time, but never had a decent enough PC to run it on and time to spend on it until now.

Anyway got a new PC for xmas, took advantage of the Platium weekend, got a few add ons like mimic. However I can't see anyway to get it to work.

Looking at the video - I don't have any lip sync option in the Tabs at all!

Installed Plugins says it failed to load

C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/plugins/dzmimic/dzmimicrealtime.dll
dzmimicrealtime
Unknown
Plug-in was made for a newer version of DAZ Studio.

Yet I have the latest version.

So any ideas?

Also I'm sure this is common too, and sorry if it is, but whilst I can import OBJ files into the figure morph loader pro and it says created morph successfully, thats as far a it gets. The FaceA etc bars do nothing. The parameter morph bar just makes alters the scale of the whole figure!

The obj's were made for me in FaceShop7

Some of the 3rd party morphs aren't working either

Any help greatly received !

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,447
    edited December 1969

This is Mimic Live? Did you get a download for that with DS? Some plugins are included with the main application, for one reason or another, but won't do anything without a serial number; installing the download that goes with the serial may actually break the plugin in that case.

As for the OBJ to morph, it sounds as if you aren't selecting the right preset on import and therefore the morph is enlarging everything before it has a chance to change the relative shape. The docs for FaceGen should tell you which preset you need to use.

• Rarewolf359Rarewolf359 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Sorry, yes Mimic Live! The only files in my account are the 32 and 64 application files. It doesn't show in my opening screen, so I have nowhere to put the serial number in.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Sorry, yes Mimic Live! The only files in my account are the 32 and 64 application files. It doesn't show in my opening screen, so I have nowhere to put the serial number in.

Go to Help > About Installed Plugins, and find Mimic Live. You should see a box to the right for entering the serial number.

edited December 1969

That's where I get the failed to load message as posted above.

The plug is yellow, no box next to it.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Sorry, as Richard says:

This is Mimic Live? Did you get a download for that with DS? Some plugins are included with the main application, for one reason or another, but won’t do anything without a serial number; installing the download that goes with the serial may actually break the plugin in that case.

If you have downloaded and installed a plugin which comes with DS anyway, then you have probably overwritten the correct one. You should find the file C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/plugins/dzmimic/dzmimicrealtime.dll, and delete it, then reinstall DAZ Studio again, that should correct it. No need to install the plugin again as the correct version will now be there, just enter the serial number as explained before.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,447
    edited December 1969

I don't think Mimic Live is included in the base installer, but I did think it was possibly included as a separate installer the way GoZ etc. are.

edited December 1969

Right I did the deleting and reinstalling (several times!) with no joy, but think I've solved it.

I added 4.5 to my account again (free anyway)

and it seems I had DAZStudio_4.5.1.6_Win64, rather than the current DAZStudio_4.5.1.56_Win64. The latter copes with Mimic Live! - at least lets me enter the code just fine.

As I said I have dabbled over the years - this account says I joined 2010! I've obviously picked up Freebies when I saw them.

Not quite up to speed on FaceShop yet, but FaceGen seems do some of what I need.

Anyway, thanks for your help so far.