HAIR/HEAD

dash2128dash2128 Posts: 674
edited December 1969 in New Users

i have tried all my hairstyles (including 2 purchased ones) on a female Genesis figure, and I can still see the bald head beneath the hair.

Any tips on how to make the hair fully cover the head?

Comments

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,918
    edited January 2013

Make sure you are fitting it to the figure. RT click and select fit to and fit it to Genesis

Post edited by frank0314 on
  • mark128mark128 Posts: 1,029
    edited December 1969

Also, check what it looks like in a render. The preview on screen is sometimes misleading.

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,598
    edited December 1969

dash2128 said:
    i have tried all my hairstyles (including 2 purchased ones) on a female Genesis figure, and I can still see the bald head beneath the hair.

Any tips on how to make the hair fully cover the head?

Hi, You do need to fit the hair to Genesis. This can be done different ways depending on the hair and who it is made for.

If it is a Genesis hair click on the parameter tab.

Underneath General is a miscellaneous category if it is not fitting to anything you will need to Click on Fit to and change it from none to Genesis.

If it is for another figure you have two ways you can conform it to the genesis figure:

1. Using autofit...this will come up automatically when you fit to genesis as above. Just choose the figure it's meant for and the hair template.

2. parent the hair to genesis by dragging the hair object to the head of Genesis in the scene tab. Sometimes if it is a hr2 file they will load already parented. You will then need to manually fit the hair using the transforms in the parameter tab.

• dash2128dash2128 Posts: 674
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the ideas, Everybody! I'll try them all.

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,598
    edited December 1969

dash2128 said:
    Thanks for the ideas, Everybody! I'll try them all.

One thing I forgot to mention...when using the last method the hair will not automatically follow the shape changes you make to the head. You will need to use the scale transforms as well as the general transforms to get it to fit.

• dash2128dash2128 Posts: 674
    edited December 1969

i'll take a note of that. Thank you.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Most None Genesis Hairs will need some Shaping to get them to fit properly. The Parenting Method is the Best for that IMHO.

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,340
    edited December 1969

If you need more help, especially with using non-Genesis hair on Genesis, I have a tutorial about this...basically, it goes into more detail about the things everyone else already said, plus more hair stuff. :) Hope you find it helpful: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/5646/