Problem with David 3 content and Genesis in Poser

Lady WinterlaceLady Winterlace Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I have recently bought the Gen 3 David shape for Genesis to use in Poser in the hope that my old content would work on Genesis then.
I can load Genesis and dial it up to be David 3, but when I conform the clothing to it, I end up with clothes that seem to have the wrong scale and simply do not fit (see attached).

Is there any trick I'm not aware of? Please help!

Problem_David_Genesis.jpg
800 x 800 - 23K

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

The David 3 shape for genesis is just that, a Shape.

It does NOT make Genesis into David3, it only makes Genesis 'look like' D3, it is still the Genesis base model, and will load Genesis clothing, but not D3 clothing. In DAZ Studio, if you have the D3 shape, a clone is added to the Autofit Plugin, and you can convert D3 clothing to fit Genesis with the D3 shape. Autofit does not work inside Poser as it is a DAZ Studio plugin.

You could try using DAZ Studio to convert the clothing, then try saving it as a CR2 file to use in Poser. I haven't heard of anyone doing that, but it may be possible. You would be better off posting in the Poser forum, would you like me to ask to have your post moved?

• Lady WinterlaceLady Winterlace Posts: 0
    edited January 2013

Thanks, that would be nice!

And thanks for the answer - I think that solves at least part of the problem.

EDIT: No, it didn't - I thought that by not conforming, but simply parenting the clothing my problems would at least partly disappear, but that didn't work either. the Genesis David seems to have a bigger chest than the old one.

Post edited by Lady Winterlace on