Daz studio not functioning

after windows update daz studio now runs slow. not "hey change your settings slow" I mean open it, close welcome window, now wait 20 sec every time you move the mouse to a new pane with nothing even loaded slow. It takes this time before it registers that I'm trying to view the scene tab or viewport etc. have updated video drivers, updated daz studio, and have uninstalled and reinstalled to no effect. Any help is appreciated

Comments

• What security software are you using? I wonder if the firewall is slowing, but not fully blocking, communication with the Content Management Service.

• I closed all security software and my firewall has been off, no change. to clarify, the mouse moves freely but the delay is in the software itself when I switch between ANY pane (not just content) and when I try to do anything, click a menu, move the scene camera (again no scene loaded), or move morph dials. The only time it functions speedily is in every pane but the scene view they will work after I've waited the delay and not moved to another pane.

• I'm having the same problem.  Even with an empty scene and the viewport set on texture or wire texture, anything I do comes with a delay.  Even something as simple as clicking on a menu, I have to wait 5-10 seconds before it opens.  But even with all this lag, my computer is only hovering around 2% CPU and 25% memory.  

This all started in the last 2-3 weeks.  Prior to that, the response time for anything I did was instantaneous and I had no problem with lag at all.  Now it takes forever to get even the simplest stuff done.  I did have a Windows update on 03/15 so I don't know if that caused it.  However with Windows 10, I'm already past the point that it will allow me to recover back to the point before the update.

Is anyone else having this problem?  Any fix to this?

• Please open a Technical Support ticket, with details of your system.

• Please open a Technical Support ticket, with details of your system.

Thanks for the suggestion.  Just opened a ticket.

In the meantime, if anyone has any words of wisdom, they'd be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

• Hi,

I'm experiencing the same problems as lilacwren by the sounds of it - really lagging when moving between panes, taking forever to open a menu etc.  This started only a couple of days ago ... will send in a Technical Support Ticket too and hope for a solution soon ...

• stwtwestwtwe Posts: 3

Hello all,

I am having the same problem. It just seemed to happen overnight. I have uninstalled the last Windows 10 update which arrived the other day but no difference. Have the Tech support tickets produced any solutions yet?

• lilacwrenlilacwren Posts: 8

I've received some feedback from tech support since I put in the ticket, but nothing that really led to a solution.

However they'd asked if I'd updated my graphics card drivers, which I already had.  But just as a precaution, I tried to manually update my drivers through Windows Device Manager, only to get the message that I alreday had the most recent versions.  So no progress there.  However, unrelated to that, I'd rebooted my laptop shortly after that.  And ever since then, the problem went away completely.  I've now been good for about a week and a half with no lagging at all.

I don't know if the attempt to update the drivers did anything at all or was just a coincidence, since they didn't actually update.  Plus this problem did go away once before on its own for a few days, but then came back.  So I don't know if this even resolved itself or is just on hiatus and will come back.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    lilacwren said:

However they'd asked if I'd updated my graphics card drivers, which I already had.  But just as a precaution, I tried to manually update my drivers through Windows Device Manager, only to get the message that I alreday had the most recent versions.  So no progress there.  However, unrelated to that, I'd rebooted my laptop shortly after that.  And ever since then, the problem went away completely.  I've now been good for about a week and a half with no lagging at all.

Don't do it that way...

Check the card/laptop manufacturer's website for the current, up-to-date drivers.  If it's an HP laptop, go to HP for the drivers.  If it's an Nvidia card get them from Nvidia.  DO NOT go through Windows Update/Device Manager for driver updates.

edited May 2017
    mjc1016 said:

Check the card/laptop manufacturer's website for the current, up-to-date drivers.  If it's an HP laptop, go to HP for the drivers.  If it's an Nvidia card get them from Nvidia.  DO NOT go through Windows Update/Device Manager for driver updates.

I actually did that as well, after going through Device Manager.  Same result.  Thanks.

Post edited by lilacwren on

After three weeks of smooth sailing and no lags at all, Windows installed its latest updates and rebooted.  Now I'm back where I started with delays in DAZ no matter what I do, even when there's no content in the viewer. Even when I just open the application fresh, there's a lag even if I hover over an icon or click on a menu before it responds.

Is anyone else having this issue?  This is INCREDIBLY painful!

• I know this is an old thread but I have found the problem with my system. It is being caused by Adobe Flash Player. Whenever it installs an update Daz becomes all laggy, when I delete the latest update it works perfectly again. Its not a great solution as I do't like having an out of date Flash installed.

2017-10 Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64-based Systems (KB4049179) seems to be the update I keep uninstalling.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,918

Maybe submit a tech ticket and let them know since it's reproducible

• My problem wasn't related to Flash.  I'm still not sure what causes the problem, but it isn't that.

However I was able to replicate a fix for it whenever it happens.  I reboot my system, open an instance of Daz, add a figure to the empty scene, close DAZ and reboot.  For whatever reason, this fixes the problem for me.

Weird, but it works.