Carrara Cafe Can't register? Looking for file

It seems there is no way to register on the Carrara cafe site. If there is I'm not seeing it anywhere.
​I clicked on the 'Register' link but it seems like it is actually a log in, not a register.
I'm in need of the Dynamic cloth importer script file, evidently it is on there but you must log in to d/l it.
​Anyone know whats going on with that?

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037

whats on there you are looking for, is the Dyn2morph python file for use in Poser to bake the cloth sim morphs

• HorusRaHorusRa Posts: 1,663
    th3Digit said:

whats on there you are looking for, is the Dyn2morph python file for use in Poser to bake the cloth sim morphs

This one
    http://carraracafe.com/downloads/?did=26

you need it if exporting dynamic cloth from Poser as an animation.

If you are just wanting one frame to create a morph, an obj export is just as good

they had some hacking issues on Carrara Cafe so login may not be possible you may need to contact Jetbird on this forum.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/profile/361363/Jetbird D2

edited March 2019

Post edited by HorusRa on

yeah its a Poser Dynamic cloth item

that python script bakes the morphs so a Poser scene file pz3 can be imported into Carrara or DAZ studio.

you would still need Poser to run the simulation unless you bought Virtual World dynamics and the DAZ studio plugin.

all are on sale at the moment, I just bought it but like you cannot link to it cheeky as off the same site!!!!

edited March 2019

HorusRa said:

Well I do own Poser 9 but it is not installed as I never use it. Still wouldn't do me any good though huh, as I'd still need that file?

as I said not for a single frame obj export 

what you can also do is drape it on M4 in a tpose and then rig the obj export to him as a conforming item either in Poser's set up room or in DAZ studio after converting M4 to weightmapping under edit and using the transfer Utility.

and you can of course also drape it using bullet physics in Carrara if just a drape!

if you want him posed use transfer utility in DAZ studio first on a M4 robe with handles converted to weightmapping as the source.

then fit it to M4 and roughly pose with the handles convert to prop, M4 too maybe then run a drape on it in Carrara.

edited March 2019