Ron's... Crowd Brushes?

zombiewhackerzombiewhacker Posts: 671
edited August 2017 in Product Suggestions

Something that would create, say, silhouettes of large crowds, or low-detail crowds seen as tiny specks from high above (my, they almost look like ants down there), or nondescript extras from long distances. Maybe even have some sitting or standing (good for theater or colosseum scenes.)

Basically, another alternative for LoRez characters or billboards when all you want to do is add detail to your backgrounds.

Post edited by zombiewhacker on

Comments

• Griffin AvidGriffin Avid Posts: 3,758

This has beena request forever. EVERYBODY wants an easier way to do crowd shots.

If I was a PA, this would be my specialty.

I'd probable design some kind of script that populates figures with random clothes for variation and does lo-rez globs of people.

1) Place the Mat marker- like a ghost light. With directional for which way they face or random seeds..

2)a) Pick number of people and b) spread factor (how close they are to each other..c) Plus pair tendency....d) and racial and e) gender mix.....f) age

3) Pick activity from my library of my pose sets 

4) Run script and viola- a generator of lo-rez crowds.

--------------

expansion packs would include different clothing schemes based on genres and animals and sports activities....

and seasonal themes....etc.....armies/soldiers/robots/herds of animals....I'd make a killing or a living....or both....

• VueiyVueiy Posts: 521
    avxp said:

This has beena request forever. EVERYBODY wants an easier way to do crowd shots.

If I was a PA, this would be my specialty.

I'd probable design some kind of script that populates figures with random clothes for variation and does lo-rez globs of people.

1) Place the Mat marker- like a ghost light. With directional for which way they face or random seeds..

2)a) Pick number of people and b) spread factor (how close they are to each other..c) Plus pair tendency....d) and racial and e) gender mix.....f) age

3) Pick activity from my library of my pose sets 

4) Run script and viola- a generator of lo-rez crowds.

--------------

expansion packs would include different clothing schemes based on genres and animals and sports activities....

and seasonal themes....etc.....armies/soldiers/robots/herds of animals....I'd make a killing or a living....or both....

That...doesn't sound lo-res, lol.  I mean, that would be awesome, but that sounds like a loooooooooooooot of things to script.  You'd have to consider that "random clothes" could mean you have someone in your background wearing a medieval armored chestplate, sci-fi boots, and a bikini bottom, walking down the street like it ain't no thang, lol.  Well, I guess that's some renders anyways, but that'd be out of place in, say, a small-town-in-Virginia kind of scene, ya' know? ;) If you also consider that certain clothing items, depending on the way they're textured, could easily be everyday, sci-fi, or fantasy (like, say, Effortless Cool), which would make them harder to categorize.  Also, if I'm not mistaken, wouldn't the original request be for brushes for use in post-work...?  I mean, having them available right out of DS would be way better, but that sounds like quite the job.  I think the OP's thinking more along the lines of less detail, like literal silhouettes that are just vaguely human-crowd shaped.

• kaotkblisskaotkbliss Posts: 2,914

Miniman and miniwoman sound like the perfect fit for this position. They are extremely low poly, posable figures meant exactly for extreme distant crowds.

• VueiyVueiy Posts: 521

Miniman and miniwoman sound like the perfect fit for this position. They are extremely low poly, posable figures meant exactly for extreme distant crowds.

...What?  Link, maybe...?

• Griffin AvidGriffin Avid Posts: 3,758

...What?  Link, maybe...?

Ahhahh hhaha hahh I spent too much time trying to find a product called miniman in the Daz Store.

I typed EVERY possible combination of words and 'similar sounding words' trying to find that. lol

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,373

Something that would create, say, silhouettes of large crowds, or low-detail crowds seen as tiny specks from high above (my, they almost look like ants down there), or nondescript extras from long distances. Maybe even have some sitting or standing (good for theater or colosseum scenes.)

Basically, another alternative for LoRez characters or billboards when all you want to do is add detail to your backgrounds.

Oh yes, I would LOVE a Ron's Crowd Brushes set. He could make a whole series, with crowds from different epoches - I would buy them all...

• I really would love that too...for scenes with lots of people, for my own unsellable projects, I use Total War as I do mostly fantasy scenes...There are a lot of low res people out there I happen to have used a few examples of on occasion but still is far from being labor intensive all in all. 3dmax has a plug in for that...Massive is another plugin for Maya if I'm not mistaken...and yes...crowds are a pain...I use a lot of separate individual renders for main groups which I post work in Photoshop

194899_419956888042821_88002391_o.jpg
    2000 x 1000 - 272K