hasnt been Jepe men to buys in a while, or Liquid Rust?

MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

browsing through my old M4 classics.  would be awesome to buy these guys on g8m

seeing sheets, but not men characters

any hopes waiting in the pa sale queue?

Comments

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,570

I like liquid rust but they haven't been many recent releases. I think he or she since I don't know gender released a couple for Genesis 2 or 3 but nothing really like v4 and m4 releases. I really like the eyes of his characters. Interesting style 

Jepe seems to be focusing on his shiny sheets products and hasn't made any recent characters at least here that I am aware of 

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

think i saw jepe stuff on the old malepose'rotka

would be lovely to see a new rodan

g8m needs some cheekbones, imo

he's growing on me heart

I like g8 from the neck down. The mouth and head I find difficult to alter to what I find pleasing to look at

face features ratio seem a bit offset

longing for jepe to do his magic with it

smileysmiley

remember this david3 character?  looks like ares on xena, serious hunkatude heart

Michael8 head morph.jpg
    1889 x 2000 - 946K
    g8m face.jpg
    1889 x 2000 - 950K
  • HavosHavos Posts: 5,323

Given that liquid rust has recently sold out all their products to DAZ, I would assume their are no longer active as a PA.

• TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,280
    No offense meant to any other PA, but Jepe made the best male characters in my opinion. Each one had a unique look and skin texture. It's really shame he's not inspired by G3M, hopefully he does some for G8M.
  • Good to know that there are still some folks outside who like my work from the past. (TY<3) And good to know that it seems that I'm not the only one missing diversity and variety for male characters. It can't be that the figures get better and better and the characters get less and less and less and not at all exciting - with some very few exceptions.

Let's hope that DAZ has plans to change that. Me, well, right now I don't have the males on my plate, I hope for Cayman Studio's Legacy UVs to at least be able to use some of my old M4 skins with G8M for some nostalgic render images, but c'mon folks, those past times with Marius, Adrian, Benny or Tye are over.

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited August 2017

Good to know that there are still some folks outside who like my work from the past. (TY<3) And good to know that it seems that I'm not the only one missing diversity and variety for male characters. It can't be that the figures get better and better and the characters get less and less and less and not at all exciting - with some very few exceptions.

Let's hope that DAZ has plans to change that. Me, well, right now I don't have the males on my plate, I hope for Cayman Studio's Legacy UVs to at least be able to use some of my old M4 skins with G8M for some nostalgic render images, but c'mon folks, those past times with Marius, Adrian, Benny or Tye are over.

Awwww.... Well you know there will always be those of us ready to snap em all up if you ever decide to return to them

Post edited by SpyroRue on
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    edited August 2017

I've moved all of my V4 character up to G3F and will now be moving them to G8F.  Will be moving the skins all the way up as well. I'm pretty sure the same can be done with M4 with the right utilities.  There is a free script  and instructions on how to transfer the G3F morphs to G8F and instructions on how to make the clone, I would assume that one can do the same with the males. I  certainly intend to give it a try lol. 

Just went and checked and Singular Blues is working on a script for the men (free) and someone else has posted directions on how to convert the men manually (this is to go from G3m to G8m). This is important because you can move M4 up to 8 but you have to have the utilities to move him up through the generations via Genx and once you have them converted to G3M you can then use the directions to make a clone and move them all the way up to gen 8.  See this thread

Post edited by IceDragonArt on

There are problems I find with the conversion process though. I am kind of hoping for a way to convert individual morph dials a bit easier

• JessaiiJessaii Posts: 845
    Havos said:

Given that liquid rust has recently sold out all their products to DAZ, I would assume their are no longer active as a PA.

Yeah i believe he has stepped away from 3D in persuit of other work. This was always sort of a 'summer job' for him while he was getting an education. I am sad to not see his gals/guys anymore. 

• LarryadLarryad Posts: 35

Good to know that there are still some folks outside who like my work from the past. (TY<3) And good to know that it seems that I'm not the only one missing diversity and variety for male characters. It can't be that the figures get better and better and the characters get less and less and less and not at all exciting - with some very few exceptions.

Awww Jepe....Pretty Please!

SpyroRue said:

Awwww.... Well you know there will always be those of us ready to snap em all up if you ever decide to return to them

is different naos, has face rigging

needs the arteests to bring the potential out

isnt like the days of poser 7 Simon.  'Nash' smiley

• Mistara said:
    SpyroRue said:

It's for sure more complex than that. The times where models were flewn in for photo shootings with a 35 Megapixel Hasselblad (like it was done by DAZ for my Stratton Elite for instance) are over. No one can compete against generic mass characters made out of Merch Resources from wannabe or hobby artists that know it all better and want to make some quick money. Customers will buy it because it's cheap - and I mean cheap, not inexpensive. Why use an original, custom made character, morph and skin that holds any close up camera shot, when a $9.95 thing does the same job - 90% of the customers won't even notice the difference. Two or three days and it's away from the store front anyway and burried under the flood of ever new stuff.

As an artist I would love to go that way again to have some characters based on real life persons like Studio Art Vartaninan or me did, as a merchant that needs to earn from what he's producing, the choice isn't really difficult.

• TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,280
    Mistara said:
    SpyroRue said:

It's for sure more complex than that. The times where models were flewn in for photo shootings with a 35 Megapixel Hasselblad (like it was done by DAZ for my Stratton Elite for instance) are over. No one can compete against generic mass characters made out of Merch Resources from wannabe or hobby artists that know it all better and want to make some quick money. Customers will buy it because it's cheap - and I mean cheap, not inexpensive. Why use an original, custom made character, morph and skin that holds any close up camera shot, when a $9.95 thing does the same job - 90% of the customers won't even notice the difference. Two or three days and it's away from the store front anyway and burried under the flood of ever new stuff.

As an artist I would love to go that way again to have some characters based on real life persons like Studio Art Vartaninan or me did, as a merchant that needs to earn from what he's producing, the choice isn't really difficult.

That's understandable, unfortunate but I get it. You need to be fullfilled in what you do, both creatively and financially. 

Timbales said:
    Mistara said:
    SpyroRue said:

That's understandable, unfortunate but I get it. You need to be fullfilled in what you do, both creatively and financially. 

but he could feel sorry for us.  or Daz.  fly in a few male models, please!!

helpp mee obi wan kenobi

fell into garbage musher thingee,

had an argument with a wookie (won a chess match)

sinus infection,

need some triage, helllp