Same Content look different on Windows and Mac

artcueartcue Posts: 5

Hi there,

when I "make" a character in Daz on my Windows machine and then try to open the same duf file on my Mac it looks different. This happens for all characters I tried to "make" this way. 

The first picture is from the windows maschine, the secound from Mac (same character).

Do you have any explanation? 

Cheers!

ScreenShot014.jpg
612 x 577 - 140K
Screen Shot 2017-08-30 at 13.09.29.png
678 x 704 - 171K
Post edited by artcue on

Comments

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634

different graphics cards

different Monitors

might help in expanding in what way they are different

• If it's just the viewport it may be a diffrent settings in Edit>Preferences/Daz Studio>Preferences - Per Pixel Shading in the Interface tab can make a huge difference.

If it's the shape that is diffrent it may relfect the morphs you have installed, though that should throw an error.

• artcueartcue Posts: 5
    edited August 2017

Thanks for your reply....I attached 2 screenshots in the original post. Please take a look. Cheers!

The first picture is from windows, where I "made" the character.

Post edited by artcue on
  • artcueartcue Posts: 5

Hm, no its not just the shading....I think the morphs "act" differently somehow.

And I do not get errors.

• Try comparing using the same camera angle, it's a little hard to compare those two.

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,851

Something isn't right that's for sure, PC he has a top and bottom lip, MAC he barely has a bottom lip, tbh it looks like he's had his face smashed in with a sledge hammer in the MAC picture.

Might have a morph or two missing on the MAC, or another morph might be on and interfering with your character.

• PadonePadone Posts: 3,520

To me it looks like the Mac morphs are boosted. Eg. the PC morph is 1.0 while the Mac is 1.2 or something ..

Anyway to test PC vs Mac try a standard character with its morphs eg. G3F with the standard face and expression morphs, see if they behave the same. If G3F works fine then may be there's something odd with your character or the way you create morphs for him.