Large G3F Morph Footprint

Hi all,

I am just realizing now that with all the characters I buy for the G3F figure, I am experiencing morph bloat with tons of morphs being loaded with G3F. Is there a way to only load certain characters to the G3F without having to uninstall characters with the DIM? My G3F model takes forever to load because of the shedload of characters I have installed.

For example, if I wanted to have a G3F character that has only the FW characters loaded on one and maybe all the EJ models on a different G3F. Would that involve renaming the base G3F figure into something like G3F1, GeF2 etc.?

What I like about V4 is the injection morph so the base model can be loaded quickly without loading a ton of morphs to characters I won't be using.

Anyway, just wondering if it is in the realm of possibility...

Thanks!

Comments

• There isn't a way, that I know of, to stop an installed morph loading - however, although the file has to be read (affecting load speed) the bulk of the data (the deltas defining the new shape) is not loaded into memory during any session until the morph is given a non-zero value.

• Ah ok,

So if i am thinking of this correctly, an unmodified G3F being loaded on to the scene will always take X amount of time before it shows up on the scene but if that G3F had been saved as a scene subset and had 5 morphs applied to it with non-zero values it will take 5X amount of time to load before it becomes visible in the scene?

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

No...doesn't quite work that way.  Partially because each morph slider may actually be controlling several 'behind the scenes' morphs...or just one.  So there is no direct correlation between sliders set and time/MEMORY used.

• Also, every file is read on load (to get the names and detaisl of any linkages), but loading a particular active morph usually requires reading only its file and the file of any morph it controls to get the deltas - so in general I would expect the five non-zero morphs to have a very slight impact on load times, but (especially if they were HD morphs) a more noticeable impact on memory use.

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,075

The Genesis 3 Female model does take about twice as long to load as G3F derived characters, but that should still only be about 40 to 45 seconds. Derived characters typically take about 20 seconds. FWIW, I have about 300 G3F / V7 /E7/ O7 etc characters.

• Ah!

Maybe because i load the Vanilla G3F would explain why it takes so long as opposed to just a derived character. I also get duplicate ID errors too which i need to figure out .