Question about new release Mastering Daz Studio Content

Does the new tutorial Mastering Daz Studio Content include instructions on how to make non-smart Content items compatible with Smart contnt?

Comments

• No it doesn't.  However, an audience member mentioned a link to a tutorial/instructions on how to add metadata to make content show up in smart content.  I did a google search and here is a link that came up:  https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/20018/metadata-tutorial-adding-new-items-to-your-smart-content  However, I don't know if it is current for Daz 4.9 so I suggest you dig around more to find the latest/greatest instructions.

• 3D-Almanac also did a short youtube video on ho wto add metadata to get stuff into smart content: 

I haven't tried it personally, I'm still trying to get a basic organization of my content library first, but i plan o nusing it as a step by step when I get to that point.

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,786
    dragotx said:

Does the new tutorial Mastering Daz Studio Content include instructions on how to make non-smart Content items compatible with Smart contnt?

Haslor is working on a tutorial (link only for PC forum members unfortunately):

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/24231/request-for-comment-content-folder-structure/p1

• dragotxdragotx Posts: 1,135

Awesome, thanks for those links, I'll be checking them out tonight

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,291
    edited September 2017

3D-Almanac also did a short youtube video on ho wto add metadata to get stuff into smart content: 

I haven't tried it personally, I'm still trying to get a basic organization of my content library first, but i plan o nusing it as a step by step when I get to that point.

A nearly 20 minute video - you and I have very different definitions of "a short youtube video". lol 

Thank you for the link though - I'm going to watch it once I've had some coffee and can concentrate. :)

Post edited by 3Diva on
  • ArtAngelArtAngel Posts: 1,593
    edited September 2017

I have bought numerous turorials and this is the first one I have ever requested a refund for. This is not a tutorial it is a webinar promoting a facebook group.  There are no solutions for editing meta data. No solutions for correcting Smart Content errors and no solutions for the double exclamation marked icons for  missing icons/files. The video encourages Daz Connect download which messes up Carrara and Dim folder structures.  The moderator (came accross as Daz Police) often cut short problem areas before solutions were arrived at. This tutorial should have been put on hold, and investigated the unanswered solutions and undergone a major edit before it was released as a tutorial. I have bought thousands of dollars worth of products and this is my first refund request. Everything in this webinar has been previoulsy posted in these forums and on youtube. Nothing new to learn here. After watching this 1 hour and 56 minute video twice I still have the same questions and no answers.

Edited to correct a zillion spelling errors.

Post edited by ArtAngel on