Wake me up when Sept ends

How is testing the headline of the event not on the testing list before rolling out to production? Has a single one of these daily PA sales worked properly? Is it that hard to update the sale before or at the same time as updating the banner?

Re: this PA sale... oh wow:
- a slightly bigger discount on a tiny set of items i don't want / need / or already have in an older gen for two days only?
- up to 65% off the nearly same daily list of PAs if I buy two of something i don't want / need / already have...
- up to 75% off almost the same daily list of vendors that don't seem to have publihsed anything new in years if I buy something i don't want / need / already have... with exception to one day where they actually had relatively recent items in the mega.

This is my first PA sale, so can't compare it to anything but the 3-4 months leading up to it... but thus far, it seems more like an anti sale compared to the normal flash sales. If it weren't for that $10 off coupon, i wouldn't have spent a penny yet... though the one day with mega flash items instead of outdated vendors had me close on a couple. 

Someone please wake me up when Sept ends.

Comments

• You are not alone. I have gone completely comatose during this particular sale for many of the reasons you mention. Give me a straight forward PA sale, like those at the Renderosity store :   PA sale, entire store 60% or 70% off, no having to buy new items, or any other restrictons.

I also cannot understand why NEW PA items go off sale for weeks even when, like now, that PA has a store sale. At 'the other store'  a PA may have a sale, and their latest new items are also included in that discounted sale. I'm sure this gets them more sales, because my wallet is regularly emptying.

Oh well, it's only day 11, and nothing today to inspire me, so will see what tomorrow brings. frown

• BradCarstenBradCarsten Posts: 856
    edited September 2017

I've bought one or two cool items so far, but I probably would have bought a ton of content if the mega fast grabs worked with any still new release and not just the Debut stuff. it's hard to justify paying $10 for something you don't really want just to get the bigger discount on the older products. Most days when there's great Debut items there's nothing I want in the Mega list, and vice versa. 

Post edited by BradCarsten on
  • InkuboInkubo Posts: 744
    edited September 2017

For me the $10 DAZ Cash was timed perfectly so I couldn't use it. But that's life, no problem. If you have to buy G8 stuff to unlock the discounts, then I'm in no danger of spending much during this sale, so my wallet is grateful for the break!

V3Digitimes' Blender course was an insta-buy for me, though. Better compatibility with Blender is exactly the sort of thing I need right now.

Post edited by Inkubo on
  • Inkubo said:

For me the $10 DAZ Cash was timed perfectly so I couldn't use it. But that's life, no problem. If you have to buy G8 stuff to unlock the discounts, then I'm in no danger of spending much during this sale, so my wallet is grateful for the break!

V3Digitimes' Blender course was an insta-buy for me, though. Better compatibility with Blender is exactly the sort of thing I need right now.

What was the $10 cash offer? I didn't get that. (I realise they're often linked to spending habits or buying new products though)

• And I don't even understand the theme of today's sale.  Unicorns and a beat up woman?

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,318
    edited September 2017

Welcome to the world of modern marketing.  The goal of which is to make the sales hype big enough to sell things that people don't want / need / already have, for no meaningful reduction in corporate income.  I'm sure some school gives a degree in that.   It's all very clever and quite often works, and becomes easier and easier as customers become less and less discerning and unable to resist impulse buying. 

Unfortunately (or fortunately), the recent sales have found me dusting off my, way too long, price sorted, wish list (which I check every day) and grabbing a few items that floated to the top into the under $10 category.  BUT, I NEVER buy anything on a "buy this first before you can get that" sale.  It may go into the wish list but I am a patient, discerning and frugal man.

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  •  BUT, I NEVER buy anything on a "buy this first before you can get that" sale. 

I do, so long as it's something I want. I look out for, and wait for, those. So far this sale, just a couple of days with juicy savings combinations on new and old.

• I look for new stuff in the PA and PC+ sales, because that's where the cool discounts are. And I am DELIGHTED that they're branching out from G8-wear to the cartoon animals and locations. So, you know, when you think about how this sale is so depressing for YOU, also remember there are others of us doing backflips over it.

Hint: you're probably going to see at least two more days of cartoon animals, hopefully this week.

• tkztkz Posts: 149
    edited September 2017

I have no beef with the animals... actually working on flushing out a few ideas that could turn into practical projects using them... I've just learnt the hard way not to bother buying anything here until it hits the 75% off mark... and to only buy things that already have well thought out use cases. Since that tends to take more than a day or two, I have little appreciation for a 1-2 day sale on radically new conent.

I do have a little beef with G8 - mostly because V8 and M8 look beyond creepy as hell to me... and the timing of their release sucked for someone who started buying in a few months before they came out. That said... after the initial dissapointment wore off - it just means that the g3 stuff should become cheaper soon.

The real beef is that we have a month of this BS to deal with before the standard sales come back.

Post edited by tkz on
  • I got lots of stuff this sale but still looking for some PAs that haven't made an appearance yet.  Hope they don't come after my budget is blown

• I managed to grab the Pro Bundles for Victoria 7, Aiko 7, and Anneka for $23.6 each during one of the sale days, so I'm pretty happy. I'm new to Daz though, so there's a LOT for me to spend my money on, and I'm not so restricted by whether or not something is Gen3 or Gen8 as those of you who have been here for longer are. 

• kaotkblisskaotkbliss Posts: 2,914
    tkz said:

That said... after the initial dissapointment wore off - it just means that the g3 stuff should become cheaper soon.

One would think that as items get older and out of date, they would get cheaper, unfortunately that is not the case here.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,191
    tkz said:

That said... after the initial dissapointment wore off - it just means that the g3 stuff should become cheaper soon.

One would think that as items get older and out of date, they would get cheaper, unfortunately that is not the case here.

The base price doesn't change but they're included in big discount sales more often.

• tkztkz Posts: 149
    edited September 2017

I managed to grab the Pro Bundles for Victoria 7, Aiko 7, and Anneka for $23.6 each during one of the sale days, so I'm pretty happy. I'm new to Daz though, so there's a LOT for me to spend my money on, and I'm not so restricted by whether or not something is Gen3 or Gen8 as those of you who have been here for longer are. 

That would be the one day of the sale I was referring to as interesting... but there was nothing in the new releases that i wanted that day... Figured there would be more of those better mega fast grabs, but so far... just a bunch of nearly obsolete stuff.

The bundles can be great when you don't have any of the items... but when you have some of them, the value disappears quite quickly given how niche the other items tend to be. It's a shame that bundles don't discount to compensate for that... 

Post edited by tkz on
  • Oh, we're not really getting much in the way of 'standard sales' again until January. Maybe a week or so in November and a week or so in December? And I assume they'll release new G8 DO packages in the normal spread.

• I've found several things that appealed to me so far but I've spent my gift card so the remainder of the month, I will not be spending a huge amount.  There are a couple of items I am waiting for, which I will be willing to buy when they come out but no impulse buying for the rest of the month.  I'm not unhappy that the toons are going to be out for a couple of days as I don't really do toons, so I'm not too tempted lol.  Also, the PC+ sale is next month.  And, a lot of the older content, I already have, which leaves slim pickings for the mega grab and a lot of the specials. And, I no longer purchase stuff I don't want or need in order to get something else.  I have enough stuff I don't NEED to purchase like that.

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,151

I think it's been slightly lackluster so far this year too, but I have gobs and gobs of stuff, so it might just be that I'm personally getting saturated....lol. I did manage to finally pick up the Daz Horse 2 as it's finally down to something I was willing to pay when I picked up Lindey's new stuff ;). There wasn't much else in the Mega Fast Grab that I wanted.

As for new G8 characters, I have a strange feeling they won't be releasing nearly the same amount of characters that they did for Genesis 3. Not sure why I feel that, but I just do :P.

Laurie

• It's almost like you lose out by having a big library. When I pop onto Fast Grab, all the best offers is stuff I already own.

And that happens in any sale of older stuff. Todays new promo (thanks ATI) is all Gen2 POSE stuff.

I can't really mess with that as I have had nothing but problems with the conversion scripts.

So that's a miss. Not too bad since I can survive a bit without anything tugging on the purse strings.

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,159
    Inkubo said:

If you have to buy G8 stuff to unlock the discounts, then I'm in no danger of spending much during this sale, so my wallet is grateful for the break!

Ditto!

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,332

There is a fair bit of stuff in the mega flash back I like today, but I am struggling to find a new release to get to trigger all the discounts, as like many above, I am not much interested in toons either.

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 7,002

I bought a bit more than I had planned, due to some very interesting items. And the discount of 50% for two new items isn't too shabby. I haven't bought much of G8 so far, but that is more due to the fact that I still mostly use G2. But some of the G8 stuff looked really great, and I did get some great discounts on the Mega flashback stuff. I was able to clean out 7 items for ten bucks from my wishlist! :-)

• when you think about how this sale is so depressing for YOU, also remember there are others of us doing backflips over it.

Hint: you're probably going to see at least two more days of cartoon animals, hopefully this week.

Sort of my situation. I think almost daily there's been at least one or two new items I'd like to grab. I don't even look at the mega fast grab. But I just can't make any purchases right now. I hate not taking part in this sale, but real world stuff must come first. Looks like I'll miss out on the +PC sale too. I always loved those sales.
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,745
    edited September 2017
    ...so far this sale all I purchased were a couple items that were on my wishlist along with the 69 Mustang and 61 Corvette look alikes, all of which were on FastGrab. Not into G8 as I am satisfied with the investment I have in G3. What discount 'trigger" items I do like tend to more than offset the discount they open. More waiting for the PC anniversary sale.
    Post edited by kyoto kid on
  •  

GlenWebb said:

when you think about how this sale is so depressing for YOU, also remember there are others of us doing backflips over it.

Sort of my situation. I think almost daily there's been at least one or two new items I'd like to grab. I don't even look at the mega fast grab. But I just can't make any purchases right now. I hate not taking part in this sale, but real world stuff must come first. Looks like I'll miss out on the +PC sale too. I always loved those sales.

The only reason I'm not buying more is budget, too. I've seen plenty, every day, that I would otherwise purchase. As it is I'm picking up older Bundles and huge discounts, and blowing out my budget and hoping my wife doesn't notice. I'll buy the cheap cat food, bring a sack lunch instead of eating out, and make a nice (cheap) romantic dinner instead of going out on the weekend. 

• I'm having a good time with this sale.  The daily megasales hit catalogs that don't go on sale any other time of the year, so I can finally clear out some of the old wishlist.

• HeraHera Posts: 1,952

I'm not that dissapointed with the content. There's been some nice houses and scifi stuff and a used car sale the other day :-), rather than tonnes of bikinis for V8. And that unicorn was cute, even if I don't do toons. But it can well be a plush toy in some work or the other. And I'm still hoping to get a coloured M8 and a little something from Stonemanson.

My main objection is that there hasn't been any outrageous discounts, like a new bundle for 75% off. And then I'm not a fan of all those strings attached all the time and bargains which are not working, like the 'buy one new get one oldie free' offer the other day, which only worked for one object, and I was too busy to bother with filing a support issue, I just grabbed a V4 character and left.

• ZippyGuitarZippyGuitar Posts: 830
    edited September 2017
    Hera said:

I'm still hoping to get a coloured M8 and a little something from Stonemanson.

Well gypsyangel teased an upcoming G8 male character a day or two ago I think you might like. I don't recall a possible release date though.
    Post edited by ZippyGuitar on