Horror from the Deep Pose problem - mats changing to default when pose applied

FrankTheTankFrankTheTank Posts: 1,131

When applying any of the default poses to the Horror from the Deep character, the character textures get reset to the default. 

So I need to resave all the poses, the problem is that the rigging of the figure is different than what I'm used to.

Normally when I save a pose for Gen3, Gen2 etc. I uncheck everything in the pose settings, then check only "all rotations", and then on the hip bone, check translate "y" only.

But the top level bone on this creature is the chest, not the hip.

So should I check translate "Y" on the chest, and not the hip in this case? Or should I always use the hip as I do with other figures?

Horror from the Deep pose settings.JPG
426 x 599 - 40K
Post edited by FrankTheTank on

Comments

• That's a really weird issue - have you tried ctrl-click (windows, cmd-click Mac) when loading the pose?  Does it give an option to ignore map-settings?

Not sure what settings you'd save on the new pose, sorry.

• Yes, good call. There's an option to uncheck materials. Easier than re-doing all the poses. Thx

• Silent WinterSilent Winter Posts: 3,668
    edited September 2017

No problem - I've never seen a pose file that also changed the maps before, but the ctrl-click thing works on a few files for giving more options. (e.g. if a pose file moves your character off-centre but you don't want them to move, ctrl-click lets you deselect translate).

Post edited by Silent Winter on