Is Kenji worth the buy?

I'm kind of eyeing Kenji, I haven't decided if I should just get Kenji himself, starter bundle or pro bundle. But I don't know if it's worth it or if I should wait.

Does anyone own these items? Could you give me some feedback?

I really haven't seen that many anime styled guys around and to top it all off I can't find one for Genesis 8. Do they have a certain time period between Genesis before they release them? 

Comments

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,800

I have him and LOVE his skin texture! Nice, smooth, and bishi, just what was lacking from Gen 7. He's a nice game-genre Hiro replacement, in my personal opinion.

• I have him and LOVE his skin texture! Nice, smooth, and bishi, just what was lacking from Gen 7. He's a nice game-genre Hiro replacement, in my personal opinion.

Hmmmm... I was actually also looking at hiro but like I said I'm not too sure. 

Did you get the model or one of the bundles?

• BruganBrugan Posts: 365

I bought him a few months ago, just the figure, to go with Aiko. I keep trying to use them but I end up using Girl7/Guy7 more. Used to love the anime look when I was younger but just can't seem to get into it now.

If you already have Aiko7 then getting Kenji7 is sort of a no-brainer, most other male character styles will look out of place next to her.

• Yes! Kenji is beautiful.

• Love Kenji, He's the only current anime boy you'll ever going to get. Aiko will always sell but having a male counterpart depends on the mood Daz is in. It will be wait and see if one comes out for G8 males.

I also enjoy Hiro 5, he too is a great character and surprising enough there are some morph packs that would make hime pretty versatile.

• N-RArtsN-RArts Posts: 1,457

I love Kenji. I would've brought the Pro Bundle. But at the time when I had the money for it, Daz released Kenji HD as an encrypted only product. 

Although I rarely use him, I don't regret buying Kenji at all. 

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,929

Kenji is a well made neat anime character whom I like very much but use less than I wisch, but there is still time to render more.. I got the starter bundle which got some nice assets that are in my range of use ( eg another character) the pro bundle didn't so much for me.

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,303

I've never really had any desire to get Kenji. He just seems too basic looking for my taste. If I ever do get him it's because I finally caved and got him for Sasori for Kenji 7, which I've been eyeing for ages. But Sasori's eyebrows don't look quite right to me, even though I like the rest of him, so I'll likely never be a purchaser of Kenji. lol If I ever find myself in need of a toon or anime type guy, I'd probably get FWSA Kirk for Cory 6.

I have him and LOVE his skin texture! Nice, smooth, and bishi, just what was lacking from Gen 7. He's a nice game-genre Hiro replacement, in my personal opinion.

I have the Pro Bundle. While I don't use everything, most of it is pretty satisfactory for what I need it for. :)

I've never really had any desire to get Kenji. He just seems too basic looking for my taste. If I ever do get him it's because I finally caved and got him for Sasori for Kenji 7, which I've been eyeing for ages. But Sasori's eyebrows don't look quite right to me, even though I like the rest of him, so I'll likely never be a purchaser of Kenji. lol If I ever find myself in need of a toon or anime type guy, I'd probably get FWSA Kirk for Cory 6.

Do you have the Brow Remover for Daz Studio?

No. It's on my wish list though. :) And honesly I could just remove the brows via Photoshop but I don't have any brows to replace them with. I don't know if there is a good alternate brow option for Genesis 3 males.

•  I've never really had any desire to get Kenji. He just seems too basic looking for my taste. If I ever do get him it's because I finally caved and got him for Sasori for Kenji 7, which I've been eyeing for ages. But Sasori's eyebrows don't look quite right to me, even though I like the rest of him, so I'll likely never be a purchaser of Kenji. lol If I ever find myself in need of a toon or anime type guy, I'd probably get FWSA Kirk for Cory 6.

No. It's on my wish list though. :) And honesly I could just remove the brows via Photoshop but I don't have any brows to replace them with. I don't know if there is a good alternate brow option for Genesis 3 males.

Oh My Brows Bundle at the other store is a good brow option for G3 male + female.

Oh My Brows Bundle at the other store is a good brow option for G3 male + female.

Oh yeah! I've seen that before. I wish there where a product like that available here at Daz.

• Brugan said:

I bought him a few months ago, just the figure, to go with Aiko. I keep trying to use them but I end up using Girl7/Guy7 more. Used to love the anime look when I was younger but just can't seem to get into it now.

If you already have Aiko7 then getting Kenji7 is sort of a no-brainer, most other male character styles will look out of place next to her.

I look those up and well they certainly been added to my wish list hopefully they'll still be on sale next month.

I really want to get a hold of them

I have the Pro Bundle. While I don't use everything, most of it is pretty satisfactory for what I need it for. :)

What about the horns? Because I gotta tell you they are what stand out in the pro bundle to me. 

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,153
    Brugan said:

I look those up and well they certainly been added to my wish list hopefully they'll still be on sale next month.

I really want to get a hold of them

What about the horns? Because I gotta tell you they are what stand out in the pro bundle to me. 

The horns are part of the Suneko outfit.

Laurie

• ThatGuyThatGuy Posts: 794

Love Kenji.  I think he is such a cool guy.  Truth be told, I like him better than Michael.  I wish there were a lot more characters based on him.  And certainly hoping for Kenji 8 version to come out.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,936
    edited September 2017

Here is a comparison of Kenji 7 (pale, large eyes) and Sasori for Kenji 7.

Kenji 7 BOSS Lights Morley Hair OOT Pair Hair.jpg
    1600 x 2000 - 2M
    Sasori for Kenji 7 BOSS Lights Morley Hair OOT Pair Hair.jpg
    1600 x 2000 - 2M
    Post edited by barbult on
  • CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,932

If you can get his starter bundle cheap, the Sasori texture and Akira hair are good, the spacesuit and rainstorm outfits are bit more useful that what you usually get in the newer bundles, and Kenji himself is a nice additional shaping dial, though he's really more useful for making young males than any anime aspect.  But honestly, the above is true of amost all of DAZ's figures these days - they're way overpriced as stand-alone items and by the time you get to the pro bundle, a lot of the added items are just filler.         

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,419

"Is Kenji worth the buy?" - YES!