Duplicates in Smart Content

Will condensing the Content DB  (in Content DB maintenance) get rid of the duplicates in the Smart Content files? I did a browse to file location both went to the same location and have the same file extension .duf

Comments

• Which version of DS is this?

OPSYS OS 10.12

• Could you post a screenshot showing the duplicates, please - ideally both in DS and the folder containing the actual file.

• Two screenshot as requested hope these help identify the problem.

Duplicates.png
    409 x 496 - 179K
    Files.png
    1036 x 186 - 60K
  • jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

They are not the same file, look at the extensions.  The .duf is Studio Native format of the hair and the .cr2 is Poser Native format of the hair.

• Some are the same extension ie Leyton Hair. Duf, Udane.duf and some others. Not all the files are duplicated, hr2, dsf and cr2 don't appear to be duplicated.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,447
    edited September 2017

Some are the same extension ie Leyton Hair. Duf, Udane.duf and some others. Not all the files are duplicated, hr2, dsf and cr2 don't appear to be duplicated.

Leyton hair is two different files, one for Genesis 2 and one for Genesis 3

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • Right, one of the Leytons is G3, but I have other dups Genesis 8, some lights etc. It's not problem I really was trying to understand Content DB maintenance. Where can I go to find out what the steps in Content DB maintenance do?