Rendering background in Reality

Hello! I got Reality for Daz, and cannot figure how to render the background in it. What I mean is that in my viewport it is set to white, but this is not what it is rendering. Also how to render a background picture?

Thanks!

Oh and also, the textures, like lips and such are not rendering very properly... I wonder why. Is this a light problem and which light works with Reality?

Post edited by Genevieve Laroche on

Comments

• gederixgederix Posts: 390

If you are the same person who asked this over at the reality forums I have replied there regarding backgrounds.

There are also tips over there for adjusting things like lips. Generally if your lips are coming out washed out or the dreaded 'silver' you need to dial down the specular (make it darker). If the lips have an image texture in the specular channel you can darken it by converting it to 'texture combine' using the gear icon, then change the resulting white color channel to dark grey, start with something like 20/20/20 and nudge it lighter until you get the results you are looking for. Glossiness for the lips can be almost anything but usually you want something in the 5000-8000 range for plain ol lips, then crank it up to get shiner, wetter appearance, with 9,000+ being the shiny range and 10,000 being wet wet. So choose a glossiness and then adjust it by lightening/darkening the specular. All these adjustments just to be clear should be done in the reality materials tab, not daz.