DIM and moving Libraries

Hi everybody.

Well, my harddrive is full...wink and old which is the more serious problem. I bought an external drive and opened up a new Library a while ago. So I have two Libraries for Daz now. A new one which I started when the new harddrive arrived and an old one which I hesitated to move to a fresh location because... you know, 12 hours of copying files. Now, I know how to tell Daz where to look for the Libraries but how do I tell the DIM where the old stuff went? I mean I can tell it where to install new products but normally DIM installs updates of existing products in their "respective installed paths" which in case of the old stuff are now all wrong.

Is there an elegant method to solve this problem without reinstalling some 400 GB of content? Or for future data transfers which are the best strategies for moving and merging Libraries concerning the Install Manager?

Thanks in advance.

Cyprith

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,447
    edited September 2017

You can do a search and replace on the Manifest .dsx files (Daz 3D./Install Manager/Manifests or soemthing like that in the Public documents folder), using an editor that will do batch processing. You can also simply tell DIM to isntall updates to the current content directory, but the risk there is that in a few cases an old file needs to be removed rather than replaced with a new one and DIM won't find the old version to remove it.

DIM can filter by isntall path http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/install_manager/referenceguide/tech_articles/filters/start#path so one option would be to find the old items an unisntall them. Assuming you have items in ready to install that you are deliberately not instaling, if you select them all, then in the Installed tab uninstall all the items on the old drive, then go back to ready to install, right-click, Invert selection, and install I think that would be a fairly efficient way to do the job.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on