"Acceptance Mark" for payment in checkout?

Is this new? What is "acceptance mark" for the paypal option in the checkout?

It never used to say that before, did it? 

acceptance.jpg
336 x 321 - 27K

Comments

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,341

No I'm petty sure that changed recently, I vaguely rememeber noticing it last time I checked out.

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401

Greetings,

It's the 'alt text' for the PayPal logo; if your browser can't load the image (or it's being read via a screen-reader for blind browsers) it will use the alt text.  I've seen it occasionally also; typically it means that the image didn't load.

--  Morgan

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

oh cool! ok do you think that means something's going on at paypal? a friend today mentioned she was having trouble with it here, but i used paypal early this morning at the other site and it went through fine.  

CypherFOX said:

Greetings,

It's the 'alt text' for the PayPal logo; if your browser can't load the image (or it's being read via a screen-reader for blind browsers) it will use the alt text.  I've seen it occasionally also; typically it means that the image didn't load.

--  Morgan

• It may be a function of an ad or script blocker. The paypal logo has looked like this on the DAZ site for me for so long I can't remember.
  • I've seen it when the Internet is slow in general. The PayPal image didn't download is all.

• Peter WadePeter Wade Posts: 1,609

I seen this on and off over the last few weeks. Sometimes I get the paypal logo, sometimes I get "acceptance mark" . I've no idea what makes it happen.

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

it's back to normal now. Just freaked me out a bit, but glad to hear it's just the logo image not showing.