Lyoness' Moxie Sparks!

Greetings,

I just want to call out Moxie Sparks as an AWESOME looking character!  My wife absolutely ADORES Jubilee, and so I'm thrilled to be able to pull this one down for her.  The extra sparkle is a great bonus, and really makes the set pop...so to speak, and she's got a lot of character in the basic face as well!

Bought and downloading now... smiley A big thank you to Lyoness!

--  Morgan

Comments

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,294
    edited September 2017

I agree! LY Moxie Sparks looks fantastic! Great name too!

I also really like the look of VYK Dolly.

Post edited by 3Diva on
  • SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,959

Yeah, thanks - I was gonna give 'em all a swerve and save a bit of money ... cheeky

• A great skin with a lot of character, and love the sparks bonus, thanks

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,883

She looks great but I already spent a lot this month.

• Are the poses in the promos from a pack or are they originals made by Lyoness?  I rarely ooh and aww over poses, but the ones in the promos look great.

• agent unawaresagent unawares Posts: 3,513
    edited September 2017
    I agree they remind me a lot of Neikdian or AerySoul poses. I would buy a set like that, very graceful and dynamic.
    Post edited by agent unawares on
  • ColinFrenchColinFrench Posts: 643
    edited September 2017

Yeah, I think the Magic Hands and FX are a cool idea! Not sure how often I'll actually use them, but a great way of distinguishing the character from all the others released today. More interesting than just making a figure with another batch of random tattoos or something. (Note: that was not a dig at VKY Dolly, that's entirely different)

Besides, adding Moxie to the Josie Pro bundle provided the extra discount for my cart, so she arrived almost for free! smiley

Edit: Crescent, I'm not certain which poses were used but there was a "Dark Spell" pose set that came with Karen 7. Maybe they could be a good starting point.

Post edited by ColinFrench on
  • smiley

Edit: Crescent, I'm not certain which poses were used but there was a "Dark Spell" pose set that came with Karen 7. Maybe they could be a good starting point.

Thanks!  

I just noticed that Moxie has separate head and body morphs - much appreciated.  Although Moxie's effects look like Jubilee's, her face reminds me of Negasonic Teenage Warhead.  This will be a fun character to find a use for. 

• LyonessLyoness Posts: 1,612
    edited September 2017
    Crescent said:

I just noticed that Moxie has separate head and body morphs - much appreciated.  Although Moxie's effects look like Jubilee's, her face reminds me of Negasonic Teenage Warhead.  This will be a fun character to find a use for. 

yeah. I was watching Deadpool while making her.  So def an influence.

I was also influenced by Scarlet Witch and Jubilee, Xmen, Avengers, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, etc....  It was hard to hold back on all the ideas.

there was a "Dark Spell" pose set that came with Karen 7. Maybe they could be a good starting point.

Shhh. yes, That was one. and I'm a fan of Skyewolf.

And a big thank you to everyone.... I'm really glad that you like her.

Post edited by Lyoness on
  • Does that include Dazzler, or is she too far back for you?

• I thought Dazzler too. 

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401

Greetings,

Heh!  Well, Jubilee was sort of a cross between Dazzler and Kitty Pryde, but in mall rat form.  (And, speaking as a former teenage mall rat, I say that out of love. :) )

I liked Dazzler a lot, but her storylines were a bit on the mature side for me at the time.  I *loved* Kitty Pryde, but she had to grow up eventually.  Thus Jubilee, who hit just at the right time for my wife's interest in the X-Men and related comics/shows.  (Although she's since claimed Jubilee is actually her second favorite, behind Gambit, she was still super-excited to see Moxie!)

--  Morgan

• CypherFOX said:

Greetings,

Heh!  Well, Jubilee was sort of a cross between Dazzler and Kitty Pryde, but in mall rat form.  (And, speaking as a former teenage mall rat, I say that out of love. :) )

I liked Dazzler a lot, but her storylines were a bit on the mature side for me at the time.  I *loved* Kitty Pryde, but she had to grow up eventually.  Thus Jubilee, who hit just at the right time for my wife's interest in the X-Men and related comics/shows.  (Although she's since claimed Jubilee is actually her second favorite, behind Gambit, she was still super-excited to see Moxie!)

--  Morgan

True, Dazzler's stories were that way, but she was somewhat more mature than Kitty was when they found her, and her abilties meshed with her musical talent in such a way that most folks that didn't know better assumed it was a staged lightshow that was part of the performance.

• LyonessLyoness Posts: 1,612

Does that include Dazzler, or is she too far back for you?

Yeah. I had to go look up Dazzler.  Rather than read comic books, I've always been a big fan of the animated cartoons.  The X-Men ones stuck really close to the story lines of the comic books. (so yes, I hate the move stories). Used to love saturday mornings before adulting got in the way.