Question about IRAY Sci-Fi Metal Shaders

When I try to apply these shaders to a plane or some other surface, many times the texture is too big.  For example, the shader may have a line of metal light squares and all I see is one huge square.  Is there a setting in the Surface or Parameters tab where I can adjust this?

Comments

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,964

Tiling? Most generic textures need adjustments to tiling to adjust to different object scales.

• tkdroberttkdrobert Posts: 3,540

OK I'll take a look at that.  There are so many IRAY setting that I still don't know what they do.

• Silent WinterSilent Winter Posts: 3,698
    edited September 2017

Yes, you need to use either Horizontal Tiling, or Vertical Tiling (or both) - Note you can also tile smaller than 1.0 to make the texture appear larger, or tile negatively to invert it.

There are also Horizontal Offset and Vertical Offset to move the texture to a different position on the surface.

Post edited by Silent Winter on
  • tkdroberttkdrobert Posts: 3,540

Yes, you need to use either Horizontal Tiling, or Vertical Tiling (or both) - Note you can also tile smaller than 1.0 to make the texture appear larger, or tile negatively to invert it.

There are also Horizontal Offset and Vertical Offset to move the texture to a different position on the surface.

Thank you for explaining that to me.  It's most appreciated.