Decimator. 4.9 Studio. Mac. Shouldn't it be $1?

I realise this has been mentioned before but I felt like bringing it up again. 

I bought the Decimator plugin last night thinking it'd do what it said in the description. Unfortunately the only thing it seems to decimate is my Daz3D app. I tried doing the "wait four seconds" trick... but it's still more fickle than it ought be. 

This would all be semi-acceptable if it cost $1. Even $10. But $100.95? Was the 95c added just as an extra slap on the face?

Sorry if I come across as angry, but I suppose I am. Can anyone provide contact details for the developer? I'd like to know if they plan to fix it and if not would like my money back.

PS this is on two systems; one 12c 3.46ghz/64GB/dual 1080 Ti, and one 4ghz/32gb/1080 Ti Macs. So system resources is not the issue here (unless Daz is not addressing all that is there?)

Cheers

HP.

Comments

• You should open a Technical Support ticket for support, but if you provide a bit more information on what is happening (DS is crashing?) someone may be able to help here.

• highpasshighpass Posts: 2
    edited September 2017

Thanks Richard, I did open a support ticket already. I just wanted to rant in public like an idiot.

If you did a quick search for "Daz3D Decimator crash mac" you'd see the issue. Basically, it just likes to crash. It is more of a crash simulator than polygon reducer. There's little rhyme or reason to its fickleness, it is simplest to say that doing absolutely anything in Decimator is an 8 in 10 chance it'll crash. Apparently the best fix is to install Windows and use it in that... If that is the case and the developer does not plan on addressing the issue it ought not be sold as Mac compatible, as it obviously is not.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on