Lourdes and Lisbeth N stores missing.

Pack58Pack58 Posts: 750
edited September 2017 in The Commons

Lourdes and Lisbeth N stores seem to be missing in action.Links from Mega Sale lead nowhere.

Shame because half of John Malis's https://www.daz3d.com/john-malis cataloge is gone.

Post edited by Pack58 on

Comments

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,294

A lot of the older products are disappearing along with entire PA catalogs. From what we've seen so far, it LOOKS like PAs that haven't created anything new in the past couple of years are at risk of being dropped. That's just what I've seen so far, based on several posts I've seen over the past few weeks about disappearing products and disappearing PA stores as well as a post made by a PA who's being dropped from the store.

• Pack58Pack58 Posts: 750
    edited September 2017

Yeah, cheers Diva, I bought all of Lourdes/John Malis's stuff I wanted in last years PA sale because of worries about it being pulled.

I should have put this in the ....sales... glitches thread. Mostly reporting the missing links in the PA sale page :)

Post edited by Pack58 on
    Pack58 said:

Yeah, cheers Diva, I bought all of Lourdes/John Malis's stuff I wanted in last years PA sale because of worries about it being pulled.

I should have put this in the ....sales... glitches thread. Mostly reporting the missing links in the PA sale page :)

Oh, you're right. If the catelogs are pulled, they shouldn't be listed on the sale page. That should probably be reported in that "brace yourself" thread (I know a lot of the moderators check that thread for sales problems). :)

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

we are querying this

• Odd-John Malis' store is up for me.

• Peter WadePeter Wade Posts: 1,609

I'm also getting the Kittystavern store showing a 404 error.

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,319

Odd-John Malis' store is up for me.

Yes, but reduced to a handful if items. I had been on the fence about a few of the older sets, like Hoplite and the Expansion (sounds like a name for a band), but I guess that's decided now.

• kaotkblisskaotkbliss Posts: 2,914

Well GDFSB. I had a whole ton of stuff wishlisted by John Malis that I really wanted to pick up but I've curbed my spending in order to straighten out my credit card. Had I known, I would have grabbed all that stuff and worked on my credit card later.

Yep, the John Malis store is up but because half his products wheree collaborations with Lourdes thay are gone now.

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,319
    Pack58 said:

Yep, the John Malis store is up but because half his products wheree collaborations with Lourdes thay are gone now.

Well, most or all of Lourdes' stuff is now DAZ Original, so maybe these are in limbo while they work out the details.

edited September 2017

Possible, most likely they are gone which is kind of a shame but something I considered inevitable a while back.

I know I would never have started using D/S if John Malis' historical products hadn't been available three years ago but folk like me are never going to keep hobbyist 3D firms afloat so never mind.

Edit: Not that DAZ is a "hobby" company, seems professional to me but it's products are aimed at primarily hobbyist users.

Post edited by Pack58 on
  • I am glad I grabbed a lot of his stuff too as it transfer utility fits quite well once you shape M2 to your desired figures shape and export as an obj.

Also clothes converter to M4 etc works.

Up until https://www.daz3d.com/wear-them-all-autofit-clones-expansion-for-genesis-3-male-s-and-genesis-3-female-s came out I was using M/V/D3 for 90% of the figures in my renders.

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

It's a shame for Daz, the vendors and customers alike that closing those stores happened before the end of the PA sale. I think it would have been been good for all concerned if Daz had added a special sale at the end of the month, highlighting the PA stores that were closing, giving us all a chance to grab items that were soon to be unavailable. Sort of a last hoorah. I'll bet they would have made some good money off such a sale, and the good will they'd bring to the site by forewarning us when vendors are leaving would be priceless. IMO, of course.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,490
    edited September 2017
    L'Adair said:

It's a shame for Daz, the vendors and customers alike that closing those stores happened before the end of the PA sale. I think it would have been been good for all concerned if Daz had added a special sale at the end of the month, highlighting the PA stores that were closing, giving us all a chance to grab items that were soon to be unavailable. Sort of a last hoorah. I'll bet they would have made some good money off such a sale, and the good will they'd bring to the site by forewarning us when vendors are leaving would be priceless. IMO, of course.

+1 At least for stores DAZ is removing; of course, if a vendor chooses to remove his store then this may not always be possible.

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,804

There seems to be a lot product being dropped and a game of PA musical chairs going on both here and at Rendo, though the logic between what stays and what goes isn't quite clear... especially since I'm seeing some really old stuff showing up marked as "new" again at the house of R while relatively new artists are suddenly gone.  I do like that DAZ is picking up a lot of formerly PA product as DAZ originals, but I wish they'd give us more of a heads up as to what's going to go so we have the option to pick up the oddball items that have been hanging around our wishlists.                   

L'Adair said:

+1000

• NorthOf45 said:
    Pack58 said:

Well, most or all of Lourdes' stuff is now DAZ Original, so maybe these are in limbo while they work out the details.

I think those items always were Daz Originals, but they also listed the creator in the vendor slot. Now that Lourdes is no longer a vendor her name doesn't appear there, but there's no chnage in the item's status (Daz can't unilaterally take ownership).

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,787

This one has gone too, purchased something there a few days ago. Seems to have gone right after the catchup sale.

https://www.daz3d.com/eustace-scrubb

I think if you have somethings on your wish list that you REALLY want and it's by a PA who hasn't released anything new in a couple of years, it might be the time to consider whether or not you really want to get it or not. Since Daz isn't giving us a heads up on who's stores are being purged, it might be prudent to nab the "must have" items by any inactive PAs, just in case. 

• So, if two PAs work together on some items, and later one stops creating and is retired from the store, do items co-created with the still-active PA also disappear?
  • So, if two PAs work together on some items, and later one stops creating and is retired from the store, do items co-created with the still-active PA also disappear?

Yes, unless the remaining PA has agreed to purchase the other's interest at any rate.

• Taoz said:

This one has gone too, purchased something there a few days ago. Seems to have gone right after the catchup sale.

I think he posted here about it recently.

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,787
    Taoz said:

Oh, OK. Would be nice though, like many have said, if DAZ would give an official warning before something disappears. Having to read all threads here to know what's going is isn't feasible for most people I think.

Taoz said:
    Taoz said:

Oh, OK. Would be nice though, like many have said, if DAZ would give an official warning before something disappears. Having to read all threads here to know what's going is isn't feasible for most people I think.

Even following all the threads here, we don't find out until it's too late to do anyhting about it.