running a 32bit program on a 64bit o.s.?

I have been trying to install my DAZ 2.3 program {currently installed on Vista 32 bit o.s.) onto my H.P. ,WINDOWS10 64 BIT O.S. and am unable to maintain full opacity during scene construction. Is there a way to make my 32bit program compatible with the 64bit O.S.?

Comments

• What do you mean by "full opacity"? 32 bit software should run on 64 bit OSes (for now, I believe Apple is planning to drop 32 bit support), and I'm pretty sure people are still using DS 2.

• ToborTobor Posts: 2,300

This may be more of a problem with Windows 10 than the difference between 32/64 bits. You're using a significantly old version of D|S that is unlikely to be fully compatible, and issues with the user interface could result (among other things). However, you can always try the various compatibility modes (right-click, Properties) when running specific software. 

• What do you mean by "full opacity"? 32 bit software should run on 64 bit OSes (for now, I believe Apple is planning to drop 32 bit support), and I'm pretty sure people are still using DS 2.

models remain semi-transparent, even after rendering. Also tried compatibilioty settings and various combinations of surface tab applications. Thank you.

• Tobor said:

This may be more of a problem with Windows 10 than the difference between 32/64 bits. You're using a significantly old version of D|S that is unlikely to be fully compatible, and issues with the user interface could result (among other things). However, you can always try the various compatibility modes (right-click, Properties) when running specific software. 

Thanks for the properties tip.