Iray materials set for Daz Big Cat 2

I'd love an Iray material set for the Daz Big Cat 2.  It's a great product with a lot of add-ons like poses and such, yet in Iray it loads with textures missing and colours washed out.  I've seen suggestions for altering diffuse colours and loading materials from other sources to compensate, but honestly I'd love (and be willing to pay for) a simple to apply material set.

I'm actually surprised this isn't already available, the product seems to be popular and I've seen a lot of people asking about problems using it in Iray.

Comments

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,378

Alessandro Mastronardi's Real Fur for DAZ Big Cat 2, used in combination with his catalyzer, should give good results in Iray.

Cheers,

Alex.

• Does it make it so there are (non-furry) textures on the inside of the mouth? These seem to be lacking. I'm surprised products are still being sold that don't work with IRAY. Might have to resort to rendering the scene twice and photoshopping the 3delight rendered beastie into the Iray-rendered scene if no other solution presents itself.

• I tried out the catalyzer model that was a free update of Alessandro's LAMH (even though I don't have the catalyzer product) and yeah, it worked really well, I'm very pleased with the result.  The textures look natural instead of washed out, even though there's no lamh fur loaded.

And yes, it puts textures on the mouth.

I've had the catalyzer on my wishlist for a while, still haven't seen it on sale yet but fingers crossed.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,389

I'm surprised products are still being sold that don't work with IRAY.

You do realize that 1) there are people who don't use Iray and 2) Iray is a very recent event in DS history, right? Products have been released for years before it was added to DS. There are even products in the store which don't have DS materials at all! If you expect all products to be updated with iray materials then you're in for a big disappointment....

Most non-iray products will work fine with auto-conversion and sometimes a bit of manual adjustment. For the big cat mouth, IIRC the 3DL materials use a custom shader for that area, which is why it doesn't get translated by auto conversion.