BEYOND AGGRAVATED AND SLIGHTLY TICKED

I try to be understanding when new builds and things come out and things tend to have bugs and such but what really just kinda irks me is when theings have never really had a problem  all of a sudden, suddenly do like. Like models that where just fine to locate are no longer  in your smart content and you have to go find them in your  regular content library. Plus some other issues I have had with some other older models  I've purchases from the get go. I've been with DAZ for many years now but just getting into the more heavily now. All the time before that I tried to look into finding a fix for this seemed to be rather dauntinging but I am at the point that I need to fix this. So... Is there a way that I can get all my content back into the smart content tab so I do not have to go and search  it out manually. THANK YOU ALL IN ADVANCE AS ALWAYS... Mickey 

Comments

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,918

Try reimporting your meta data

• Which version were you using before, and which version are you on now?

• MAC-XMAC-X Posts: 107

I'll try the reimporting meta data Frank and as for the  verison build Richard I am on the newest one but it happenes with various products with various builds from time to time. Not frequent but it has happened. I've just  noticed it again with the latest releaese and some of my modles...

• MydsMyds Posts: 106

I find that often my content filed under my custom categories is blank, even though it is there under "products."  Anyone have any clues on that?  I tried reimporting metadata, as mentioned here.  It didn't fix all of them.

• PetercatPetercat Posts: 2,321
    Myds said:

I find that often my content filed under my custom categories is blank, even though it is there under "products."  Anyone have any clues on that?  I tried reimporting metadata, as mentioned here.  It didn't fix all of them.

Nope. Still using 4.9.2.7 whatever, because the last 4.9 didn't show my custom content items. Even displayed grey blocks where my gen-yoo-wine DAZ content should have been in a few saved scenes! I went through all the trouble of telling it where they were, and after I shut down my computer and restarted it, 4.9.3+++ didn't show it again. So I reverted.
    I'm worried about what will happen if I install 4.10... Must find new drivers, OpenCL version?, manually locate files for it, etc. No thanks. If only DAZ would thoroughly debug the existing version of Studio before starting on the newest shiny.

Pity I missed the 4.10 beta.

• Petercat said:

There's still a beta (in fact it is currently ahead of the release build, but even when there isn't a new beta it iss till available in the same version as the release build).

I tried the reimporting of the metadata and no luck. I r5eally  do try to be understanding and such seeing that we do not pay for the software but we do infact  and indeed pay for the  products so I feel like I can be a little annoyed when things that have worked perfectly fine for the last four builds suddenly do not work like they use to. 

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,918
    edited November 2017

Everything works the same. We just need to find out what is wrong with yours. How are you installing your products? Manually or with DIM?

Post edited by frank0314 on
    Petercat said:

There's still a beta (in fact it is currently ahead of the release build, but even when there isn't a new beta it iss till available in the same version as the release build).

So where can I find it? Link, please.
    I would love a fairly risk-free trial of 4.10!

• Open Install Mangler, click Settings, go to the Downloads tab, scroll down to the Public, Private, and Publishing Builds. Select whichever ones aren't.

Open Install Mangler, click Settings, go to the Downloads tab, scroll down to the Public, Private, and Publishing Builds. Select whichever ones aren't.

Yeah, my internet computer runs Linux. Any ideas on downloading it and installing it on my never-to-be-online art computer?

• Petercat said:

Open Install Mangler, click Settings, go to the Downloads tab, scroll down to the Public, Private, and Publishing Builds. Select whichever ones aren't.

Yeah, my internet computer runs Linux. Any ideas on downloading it and installing it on my never-to-be-online art computer?

Download but don't isntall with DIM on your online system, copy the zips from its Downloads folder to the offline computer, and use DIM to install.

frank0314 said:

Everything works the same. We just need to find out what is wrong with yours. How are you installing your products? Manually or with DIM?

If you were referring to my last post Frank I only instal through the DIM. I am by no means tech savy when it come to having to go find this file and thile file in thios or that directory. I can if it's a simple fix but some of those are extremely complicated (for myself at least) and I just do not want to go and jack something up and render DAZ Studio useless. 

• Is anything showing in Smart Content, or in the Content Library pane under Categories or Products>letters of the alphabet?

Petercat said:

Download but don't isntall with DIM on your online system, copy the zips from its Downloads folder to the offline computer, and use DIM to install.

Will DIM work with Linux?
    Oh, heck, easy enough to find out!

As of now I have just used almost an entire black ink cartridge on printing everything in my smart content and regular content library and placed them all into 3-ring cellophane holder and put them into a binder. For every new product I purchase or for every new build that comes out and a product that doesn't work any longer will be marked accordingly. Thay way I can just l leaf through my binder and find what I'm looking for instead of trying to remember what section, sub-section and/or file, folder and directory. I will just leaf through the binder, look at the name and pull it up that way... It much easier and quicker. By the time I go and take 20 minutes to find something the creative energy is gone and I am done. Maybe this will help until the find a fix ...

edited November 2017

DIM doesn't work with Linux (for me at least, YMMV).
    Studio 4.10 gets to 99% and fails.

Post edited by Petercat on