Rendering Eyes

Hi

Hope you can help. How do I avoid the problem with the eyes when rendering (screnn capture below) everything else is fine. This eye is from Julia for Victoria 8

Thanks

Pete

Eyes Daz.JPG
209 x 105 - 13K

Comments

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,077

Render with Dome on

• fastbike1

fastbike1 said:

Render with Dome on

Thanks,

• petes imagespetes images Posts: 213
    edited November 2017
    fastbike1 said:

Render with Dome on

Now tried that, didn't work

Edited to fix quote

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • Try selecting the eye surface and turning Thin Walled on - though that will affect the way the eye looks when rendered it should reduce the noise. You can also try rendering larger and downsampling, or upping the render quality so thast the rest of the scene doesn't converge while the eyes are far from converged. Spot Render the eyes to a new window, possibly with higher settings, and overlay that image on the regular render is also an option.

• Try selecting the eye surface and turning Thin Walled on - though that will affect the way the eye looks when rendered it should reduce the noise. You can also try rendering larger and downsampling, or upping the render quality so thast the rest of the scene doesn't converge while the eyes are far from converged. Spot Render the eyes to a new window, possibly with higher settings, and overlay that image on the regular render is also an option.

thanks will give it a try

edited November 2017

Try selecting the eye surface and turning Thin Walled on - though that will affect the way the eye looks when rendered it should reduce the noise. You can also try rendering larger and downsampling, or upping the render quality so thast the rest of the scene doesn't converge while the eyes are far from converged. Spot Render the eyes to a new window, possibly with higher settings, and overlay that image on the regular render is also an option.

No still didn't work after many hours trying, so in total frustration I uninstalled all relating to 4.10. Tried to redownload through the "download and install" just opened the dim and nothing else, so manually downloaded it, whilst doing so checked the download history and discovred that the first download, despite saying download complete actually only downloaded part of it as was seen by size downloaded compare to actual size. (no it is not my firewall preventing it)

Sucessfully reinstalled it, and now again after many hours trying, and providing I use IRAY surfaces only for the make-up eyes etc it seems to work ok. Except Victoria 8 the make up, skin eye surface doesn't want to load. So I hope someone from Daz Tech. Department reads this

Thanks

Pete

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • For the Victoria 8 make-up - are you rendering or at least using the Iray preview mode? The make-ups use Diffuse Overlay which doesn't show in Texture Shaded preview mode.

edited November 2017

For the Victoria 8 make-up - are you rendering or at least using the Iray preview mode? The make-ups use Diffuse Overlay which doesn't show in Texture Shaded preview mode.

No but will give it a try

thanks

Post edited by petes images on
  • For the Victoria 8 make-up - are you rendering or at least using the Iray preview mode? The make-ups use Diffuse Overlay which doesn't show in Texture Shaded preview mode.

Hi all seems ok now, many thanks for your help

pete