how do i move my daz 3d library folder/directory to another hardrive/location?

frewinspamfrewinspam Posts: 12

My main C: drive is completely running out of space, and i have a [lot] of files that i got from renderosity and such which i dont want to download/install again (if possible)

what is the easiest way to move you downloads/plugins from one drive to another? specifically in my case i wanna move it from my C local to my new volume D.

Edited for profanity

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• How did you install? If manually or through Connect you can just move the content directory to a new drive and use Edit>Preferences>Content tab>Content Directory Manager to update the paths. If you installed with DIM you can still do that, but you will need to edit the Install Manager prefrences (gear icon at top-right) to tell it to install updates to the current diectory instead of the original location, and of course change the install directory in the Installation tab; even then, on the rare occasions when an update needs to remove and not reinstall a file you will have a left-over that may cause issues. The DIM problem can be fixed by uninstallng and reinstalling that content, or by  editing the .dsx files in the manifests folder to change the installation path.