Slinky Suit 2 for Genesis 3 and 8 Female missing morphs?

Lovely clothing, but I have a problem; I might have completely missed it but where is the HD Convex morphs? There are no convex morphs in the provided file and there is no soft skin effect applied when I load the clothing.

Comments

• Phoenix1966Phoenix1966 Posts: 1,633

From the description, I assume those morphs would appear in the shaping tab for Genesis 3 and Genesis 8 female.

• LilithVXLilithVX Posts: 36
    edited November 2017

From the description, I assume those morphs would appear in the shaping tab for Genesis 3 and Genesis 8 female.

Unfortunately they do not. Or at least I can't find anything. No matter if I look at G8F or the invidual clothing pieces, there's nothing added.

Post edited by LilithVX on
  • Phoenix1966Phoenix1966 Posts: 1,633

Looking at the online file list here, I'm not seeing anything at all, either.

• Yeah, based on other clothing I have with extra morphs for soft skin effect they all tend to go into the Daz 3D/Genesis 8//Female/Morphs folder but there's nothing for the Slinky Suit.

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

i can't find them either. 

In the first Slinky Suit outfit for G3, this one: https://www.daz3d.com/slinky-suit-for-genesis-3-female-s when you applied the entire wardrobe as one, the morphs go in automatically, and they show in the figure as "slinky suit top concave" and "slinky suit top convex" etc. 

But in the new Slinky suit outfit for G3/G8, if you apply the outfit as one, there are NO morphs in the figure. And the outfit itself only has "seams 1" and "seams 2" morphs in the parameter tab. And that's it. I think maybe put a ticket in for it, cos something definitely got missed out. 

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,870

Thanks for the heads up. I hadn't downloaded it yet. Please update this thread when you get your update.

• Submitted a Help ticket to tech support today (11/13). Hope for a fix soon.

I put a ticket in yesterday too. 

• Mr SprocketsMr Sprockets Posts: 10
    edited November 2017

Still no resolve for me. Anyone get anywhere with this issue?. Did not realize it would take such a long time to get a issue like this fixed.

Haven't heard from DAZ tech support since  the 16th.

No indication of what happened other than a bug issue.

Hoping for the best because it really seems like a great outfit and the missing morphs will make it so much better.

Post edited by Mr Sprockets on
  • 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,303

I don't have this product but I have a "squish" product and the morphs are not under the regular shaping tab but under Parameters. Have you guys checked there?

yep. There's nothing in the data folder either, and comparing it with his other outfit that does the same thing, the convex and concave morphs simply aren't in the product at all.  

I don't have this product but I have a "squish" product and the morphs are not under the regular shaping tab but under Parameters. Have you guys checked there?

Just a response on the 17th saying they've reported it to the bug tracker and will let us know. They've probably gotta test it to confirm (and there's probably a queue of products for fixing), then probably contact the vendor, or maybe somehow the morphs got missed out when packing by QA or goodness knows how it happened. I can't imagine it went through QA and nobody noticed it's missing the skin squishing morphs, so maybe it's simply that....something happened when it got packed up in the installer. It could be a quick fix - "Ah! there's those pesky runaway morphs! Repack and reupload" - or it could be a longer fix - "Oops never noticed they weren't there in QA, the vendor has forgotten to include them, gotta get onto him and get him to update it" - who knows? :) 

Bugs and fixing problems in products could have a loooooong line - I don't think it's the only product in the store that has something wrong with it :) heck, I've been waiting 5 months for a fix on the "Enchanted Forest Iray Lights" product, with no activity in sight there.  

Still no resolve for me. Anyone get anywhere with this issue?. Did not realize it would take such a long time to get a issue like this fixed.

Hoping for the best because it really seems like a great outfit and the missing morphs will make it so much better.

• Mr SprocketsMr Sprockets Posts: 10
    edited November 2017
    jakiblue said:

Just a response on the 17th saying they've reported it to the bug tracker and will let us know. They've probably gotta test it to confirm (and there's probably a queue of products for fixing), then probably contact the vendor, or maybe somehow the morphs got missed out when packing by QA or goodness knows how it happened. I can't imagine it went through QA and nobody noticed it's missing the skin squishing morphs, so maybe it's simply that....something happened when it got packed up in the installer. It could be a quick fix - "Ah! there's those pesky runaway morphs! Repack and reupload" - or it could be a longer fix - "Oops never noticed they weren't there in QA, the vendor has forgotten to include them, gotta get onto him and get him to update it" - who knows? :) 

Bugs and fixing problems in products could have a loooooong line - I don't think it's the only product in the store that has something wrong with it :) heck, I've been waiting 5 months for a fix on the "Enchanted Forest Iray Lights" product, with no activity in sight there.  

Wow. 5 Months? Well , hopefully the more reports reagrding this issue DAZ 3D gets the sooner it will be resolved. 

That is just too bad, because i was really looking forward to using the mophs and the sale price was very tempting too,

Post edited by Mr Sprockets on

Still haven't heard anything from support as yet. Put the ticket in 13 days ago.......and the only response was it's been submitted to the bug tracker. Seriously? How on earth can this take over two weeks to get fixed????? It SHOULD have been picked up in QA. If the morphs were there in QA and got missed out of the packaging for some reason, it should NOT take over two weeks to get updated. 

• jakiblue said:

Still haven't heard anything from support as yet. Put the ticket in 13 days ago.......and the only response was it's been submitted to the bug tracker. Seriously? How on earth can this take over two weeks to get fixed????? It SHOULD have been picked up in QA. If the morphs were there in QA and got missed out of the packaging for some reason, it should NOT take over two weeks to get updated. 

I feel your frustration.If it makes you feel any better at least we got some really great deals this weekend many free items and even the Infamous "Glitch" everyone is talking about.

Ok, nearly three weeks this has been reported. This is getting ridiculous. This product does not work as advertised - simple as that. And no word as to the fix. 

• PippenPippen Posts: 265
    jakiblue said:

I'm happy I saw this. I was looking at buying it. Those who bought...why not ask for a refund? Then buy once it gets fixed.

Jakiblue, is this the product you bought? https://www.daz3d.com/iray-presets-for-ds-enchanted-forest
    If so, you are out of luck for a fix. Val (Dreamlight) sucks at holding up his end of the deal. I won't buy anything from him ever again. He had a huge sale recently and I passed on it. It could be 99% off and I'd still pass.

What mask is that in your avatar? Thanks

edited December 2017

cos once it gets fixed (if it ever does...), it won't be at the sale price anymore, and we'll be paying full price for it, instead of the discounted price we originally paid. That's why I'm at least waiting. 

Yep that's the one, the iray presets for the enchanted forest. Product works fine and lights are great - but when applying the render settings, it changes your image size to 500x281px. I mean, you can easily change it back, but the point is, it should NEVER have been saved with that, or sold with that. A simple update is saving the render settings WITHOUT the image size change, but that STILL HAS NOT BEEN DONE. After 6 months. It doesn't even need the vendor to do it - QA can do it and reupload for update. And yes, I can do it myself, but I use connect, and I can't save that render setting over the original one and have it in the product because it's CONNECT/Smart content. I would have to save it somewhere else, and then go there and use it....and I SHOULDN"T HAVE TO. It's such a simple goddamned fix that woudl take Q 5 minutes....and it's not being done. 

The mask in my avatar is an oldie by Lilflame for V4 I think......I'll have to hunt it down and find the name and get the link for you. That avatar is so old LOL

Pippen said:
    jakiblue said:

I'm happy I saw this. I was looking at buying it. Those who bought...why not ask for a refund? Then buy once it gets fixed.

Jakiblue, is this the product you bought? https://www.daz3d.com/iray-presets-for-ds-enchanted-forest
    If so, you are out of luck for a fix. Val (Dreamlight) sucks at holding up his end of the deal. I won't buy anything from him ever again. He had a huge sale recently and I passed on it. It could be 99% off and I'd still pass.

What mask is that in your avatar? Thanks

Post edited by jakiblue on

Ok I think I've changed my mind. I think I will request a refund on this. I updated my support ticket to ask what was happening and was told "we have not heard back on this". This went through and passed QA without those morphs, which I think is a major fail. 

• All the docs on this product reflect a lack of any morphs for the figures. If it was "missed" in packing, it was missed early, because it simply does not include the necessary files in files list in Doc center. You might try contacting the vendor. I assume they wrote the blurb, and the product images would indicate they did make the morphs.

Perhaps they can give you some satisfaction, and either get that part of the blurb removed, or force an update. Because ATM, both the vendor and Daz are warranting to deliver something that does not exist.

• I noticed the other day that the slinky suit was updated recently, and the convex morphs are now available (just search for convex when you have your character selected), for anyone still monitoring this thread