exporting as obj and getting strange split parts when texture is applied

SoulUnitSoulUnit Posts: 112
edited November 2017 in New Users

Greetings to all, I am exporting from Daz as an obj, and am getting strange split parts when I apply a texture. The parts seem to be broken in the wrong places. Any advice on exporting an obj correctly? I also tried to fix it by exporting as an dae. but it loses it's pose. Also tried FBX which keeps all the daz textures which is great but it goes through animation and ends up in the wrong pose. 

Any help would be appreciated

A.jpg
2176 x 906 - 318K
Post edited by SoulUnit on

Comments

• Some of those look like reflections - do you see the same with a figure in the default pose standing in a plain environment?

• SoulUnitSoulUnit Posts: 112
    edited November 2017

Thanks RIchard, dont think it is a reflection, actually the texture applies that way prior to rendering. 

Update- This is the Nano Suit so maybe I need to ask midnight Stories, strange but now I can see in the universal tool how the part breaks out in daz. So when exporting it textures that way when I bring it into C4d.  But I see if I use the shaders Midnight created it only applies to preset pieces. So it is texturing in C4d as an obj just as the universal tool shows.I dont want to use the preset as Midnight has it,

Oh well I guess I wont be able to use the export as I intended, I want to be able to choose each part on the suit and texture as I please. Is this possible in another format of export, or do I need to create UVs, I hope it is not the latter as that seems like a time consuming nightmare.

h.jpg
    1090 x 954 - 191K
    Untitled-1.jpg
    928 x 915 - 142K
    d.jpg
    1587 x 1323 - 417K
    Post edited by SoulUnit on