OT: Avengers Infinity War trailer

2»

Comments

• ServantServant Posts: 758

The blonde hair is also a slight callback to the other Black Widow, Yelena Belova, who is unlikely to ever appear in the MCU.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032

The funniest line I heard, or really read about Thor was from an old Icelandic (or maybe Norwegian) text that described Thor as being so poor and Thor being so lazy that the threads of the seat of his pants were threadbare from sitting around so much and his buttocks shone through them. Or something ridiculous like that.

Less ridiculous than the time he dressed up in drag? (I think Loki was mixed up in that one too.)

No frilly pink tutu, though...

Well being dressed in drag is funny with the right characters but old hat by now but just the description of how poor, dumb, and lazy Thor was that was new and funny. And they didn't even use vulgar words or descriptions, unless one considers the seat of someone's pants being shiny, worn-through to his buttocks, and thread bare vulgar (which it could be in the correct context but this context was just a hapless dumb goof trying to do OK by the world laugh).

• agent unawaresagent unawares Posts: 3,513
    edited December 2017

The funniest line I heard, or really read about Thor was from an old Icelandic (or maybe Norwegian) text that described Thor as being so poor and Thor being so lazy that the threads of the seat of his pants were threadbare from sitting around so much and his buttocks shone through them. Or something ridiculous like that.

Less ridiculous than the time he dressed up in drag? (I think Loki was mixed up in that one too.)

Well being dressed in drag is funny with the right characters but old hat by now

It wasn't so much the drag that was funny as the fact that he was pretending to be someone's bride-to-be and Loki had to keep making excuses for his behavior. I love that story.

Post edited by agent unawares on
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032

Well being dressed in drag is funny with the right characters but old hat by now

It wasn't so much the drag that was funny as the fact that he was pretending to be someone's bride-to-be and Loki had to keep making excuses for his behavior. I love that story.

Now you all have done gone and maybe me re-read that book. laugh

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 2017

Now you all have done gone and maybe me re-read that book. laugh

The late, great sainted Sir Pterry got it right, as usual — the (mis)adventures of your average pantheon is the best soap opera ever.

Post edited by SpottedKitty on