Thank you Faber Inc.!

The Brotherhood poses are freaking awesome! Instant buy!

Comments

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,602

Yep me too. And the promo art is great too

• The Brotherhood poses are freaking awesome! Instant buy!

i agree too !

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032

I saw them but the price was too high for me. I have other things to buy this month. They are, from the ad copy, very precisely and realitically posed though it looks to me. The white guy favors Ron Ely from the old Tarzan TV show or I think his name is Lorenzo Lamas.

I had a Daz loyalty rewards offer and they cost me 3.00 for them.

edited December 2017

Oh, then I will reconsider although my discount won't be as large!

Post edited by nonesuch00 on
  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,367

As long as they aren't as messed up as the Shades of Blue poses I have from the same vendor, those ones have big problems with the hands.

• scorpio said:

As long as they aren't as messed up as the Shades of Blue poses I have from the same vendor, those ones have big problems with the hands.

What's wrong with the hands? They look fine in the promos.

scorpio said:

What's wrong with the hands? They look fine in the promos.

They look fine to me too. If those poses use the Pose Dials though rather than posing the individual bones it will cause trouble for end users looking to modify those hand poses. Maybe someone that has purchased will speak up?

I don’t have that set but I tend not to have trouble modifying poses either.

The poses don't just have problms with the hands, its other things as well. It seems to me there was very little attention paid to them and then QA juist didn't check them.

With the hands for some reason the Carpels have been moved which results in some odd finger overcrossing. A couple of examples.

pose09.JPG
    499 x 598 - 34K
    pose16.JPG
    408 x 304 - 23K
    pose.JPG
    389 x 329 - 21K
    pose21.JPG
    438 x 394 - 23K
  • scorpio said:

The poses don't just have problms with the hands, its other things as well. It seems to me there was very little attention paid to them and then QA juist didn't check them.

With the hands for some reason the Carpels have been moved which results in some odd finger overcrossing. A couple of examples.

You have to compare apples with apples it was made for male figures not females ! be a bit fare !

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,303
    scorpio said:

You have to compare apples with apples it was made for male figures not females ! be a bit fare !

I think he's talking about the Shades of Blue set, which are made for females.

I don't have the set though, so I can't check to see if I have the same issue. 

scorpio said:

The images show the Shades of Blue poses for the G8female and Victoria 8, I won't buy from a vendor whose product I do have is so messed up, for all I know the male ones just released are done in a similarly bad way. Unfortunately I didn't realise what a mess they were until it was too late to return them, but as I stated I won't buy from that vendor again.

No I haven't put in a ticket in my experience there's little point, the last ticket I put in about an item that wasn't working got the answer that there was no problem on their end although Daz Steve had already replied in a thread that files were missing

• Sorry didn't see the first post.

• Assuming you aren't using V8 poses on Genesis 8 Female or vice versa please report these to Techncial Support.

• scorpio said:

I hae this set and just checked it out.  Some of the poses do have some weird hands and necks going on

Put a ticket in. I've had a couple issues with some pose sets and as long as its the correct figure, and they can replicate qa willl make a bug report and t the PA will resolve it. Poses aren't that difficult to fix really.

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,153

I just checked these poses as well. Using the G8 poses on G8 female (those poses that are messed up):

Pose 02-left hand; Pose 03-right hand; Pose 07-left and right hands; Pose 09-neck; Pose 10-right hand; Pose 15-neck; Pose 16-right hand; Pose 18-left leg; Pose 21-both hands; Pose 28-right hand; Pose 20-left hand.

That was just a cursory glance and I could likely fix them myself, but knowing me, I'd more likely just avoid them, so I'd like them to be fixed. I'll file the report.

Laurie

edited December 2017

I ran through the brothers set completely for base male- and I found it impressive and no hand issues. Lots of variety, and great set of poses. Didn't test the Michael 8 ones included, but I don't think the set has any problems and I encountered none in a quick 'pose through.' of the base male.

Its actually a great set. I have enough of the modelling style and flexing male poses, so this has some useful actions.

Post edited by Serene Night on

I ran through the brothers set completely for base male- and I found it impressive and no hand issues. Lots of variety, and great set of poses. Didn't test the Michael 8 ones included, but I don't think the set has any problems and I encountered none in a quick 'pose through.' of the base male.

Its actually a great set. I have enough of the modelling style and flexing male poses, so this has some useful actions.

I have this set too...haven't seen any problems yet.

• agent unawaresagent unawares Posts: 3,513
    edited December 2017
    scorpio said:

That's really weird because the neck issue at least is not in the promos so it doesn't look like Faber Inc. actually set them up that way. It almost looks like there was some kind of corruption or error in packaging.

Post edited by agent unawares on

It is possibly the way they are made. Sometimes poses can be made using certain controls if you apply them to a character with pose data already in it, the pose does not reset in between. If you get it when the character is completely at zero pose then that's different. 

It is possibly the way they are made. Sometimes poses can be made using certain controls if you apply them to a character with pose data already in it, the pose does not reset in between. If you get it when the character is completely at zero pose then that's different. 

Not the case here. I used a fresh, zeroed G8F and applied a problem pose and it still does it. There's something else going on here, but I'm not sure what. Hopefully Daz can get to the bottom of it. Either way, I have a feeling it was something that happened in between when Faber made the poses and when they were packed up for release. I highly doubt Faber or a beta tester didn't see some of these, they're so blatant.

Laurie

• I'm sure it will get fixed.  This will not stop me from getting Faber's products

• Hello guys! i just saw this post and i wanted to stop by to say thank you for all the compliments and for buying my products. :)

Regarding the "Shades of blue" pose set, I can see the issues on the screenshots and if you already talked to DAZ about this i will check on them to review the product again. and if so, to make the necessary fixes so won't happen again.

As it was mentioned on the comments above, that pose set was made differently from my newest pose sets, but I coudn't replicate the bugs you are experimienting and also this product passed through the QA process without problems. 

I dont have a problem on updating the product to make sure it works perfectly. In case you have a problem with my products you can always send a private message through here or talk to Daz about your problem and I'm sure they will let me know :)

Thank you guys :)

• I had a Daz loyalty rewards offer and they cost me 3.00 for them.

What are Daz Loyalty Rewards? I can't find info about it.
    edited December 2017

What are Daz Loyalty Rewards? I can't find info about it.

It usually shows up as an orange banner (and/or a message in your site messages) as a special discount as a reward for something you've bought in the past....like buying multiple Daz character pro bundles, specific products from a vendor, etc. It's something you won't have all the time.

Laurie

Post edited by AllenArt on