How do you change skin tone? Like African or Asian?

Hi everyone! I am VERY NEW to this 3D rendering, but I think it's a lot of fun so far. Here is my question: I purchased the Ethnicity for Genesis bundle for African, Asian, Native American, etc. I see how to change the facial features, but I have no idea how to change the skin tone. I am sure there is a simple answer, I am just to new to know what it is. Is it shading?

If there is a tutorial video out there somewhere that would be super helpful!

Thanks!

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Ethnicity only chages the shape of the face.   To change the skin tone you need to also purchase either characters which will give you skin colours or one of the add-ons which help you to change existing skin colours such as Skin Builder

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 7,018

Alternatively, you can also play around with the base and translucency colours (or the diffuse colour) in the surface tab.

• Thank you! I kind of figured there was another add on but I didn't know what it was called. I appreciate the help!

• A little late on this, but I came across this page that gives RGB values of different skin shades. I played around with it a little on a 3d party skin and they worked pretty well. With the G8 skins from DAZ, I think you play around more with the Translucency.

https://izzies.wordpress.com/rgb-values-of-izzies-skintones/