so if I have Anagenessis for G3, should I buy Anagenessis 2?

Love Anagenessis 3, but am wondering if I should ante up for the 2 when its on sale, or will 3 do everything?

Comments

• I don't have Anagenessis 3 but I have N.G.S. Anagenessis 2 - Revolution. I think from the description that the difference is that N.G.S. Anagenessis 2 - Revolution works on Genesis, Genesis 2, Genesis 3 as well as props. I don't know if Anagenesis 3 does that.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,722

I never saw a reason to get the G3 version as those skins looked tons better than the previous generations skins. I did pick up revolution finally just to see if it would improve the look of my non G3 skins and it does a pretty good job. Will be interesting to see what the next version will do since it should be out sooner than later from what i have read.

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,349

Anagenessis 2 uses a very different shader preset compared to Anagenessis for Genesis 3, so they are really different products, and tricky to compare. I also do not have Anagenessis for Genesis 3, only Anagenessis 2, but I can definitely recommend Anagenessis 2, as it produces great results on certains skins, particularly older V4/M4 skins which do not have additional bump/specular maps etc.

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 7,018

Check out here: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/110976/n-g-s-anagenessis-ii-revolution-commercial#latest

And yes, it is a different thing from the Anagenesis.

• I don't have Anagenessis 3 but I have N.G.S. Anagenessis 2 - Revolution. I think from the description that the difference is that N.G.S. Anagenessis 2 - Revolution works on Genesis, Genesis 2, Genesis 3 as well as props. I don't know if Anagenesis 3 does that.

A friend of mine mentioned you could use it for props, which is really cool. Does sound like a different product than the one I have..

• Thanks everyone for weighing in..wish I knew when the new version will be out. I hate to buy it and then have the new one release..decisions, decisions..

• FenixPhoenixFenixPhoenix Posts: 3,070
    edited December 2017

I don't have Anagenessis 3 but I have N.G.S. Anagenessis 2 - Revolution. I think from the description that the difference is that N.G.S. Anagenessis 2 - Revolution works on Genesis, Genesis 2, Genesis 3 as well as props. I don't know if Anagenesis 3 does that.

A friend of mine mentioned you could use it for props, which is really cool. Does sound like a different product than the one I have..

Can confirm that you can use N.G.S. Anagenessis 2 - Revolution on props via the freebie script here. Keep in mind, the freebie script will only work if you own N.G.S. Anagenessis 2. It also does wonderful things when applied to wood!

• Example of pre-iray environment rendered out of the box (only made the fire emissive).

• Same scene and lighting but with the NGS Anagenessis 2 freebie script applied. (NGS has also been applied to the dog. Ignore the fact that the chair is going through him D: no dogs were harmed during the making of this render. He is just a... mutant dog).

TheStudy_OutofBox.png
    1000 x 618 - 1M
    TheStudy_NGS.png
    1000 x 618 - 1M
    Post edited by FenixPhoenix on
  • A friend of mine mentioned you could use it for props, which is really cool. Does sound like a different product than the one I have..

Can confirm that you can use N.G.S. Anagenessis 2 - Revolution on props via the freebie script here. Keep in mind, the freebie script will only work if you own N.G.S. Anagenessis 2. It also does wonderful things when applied to wood!

• Example of pre-iray environment rendered out of the box (only made the fire emissive).

• Same scene and lighting but with the NGS Anagenessis 2 freebie script applied. (NGS has also been applied to the dog. Ignore the fact that the chair is going through him D: no dogs were harmed during the making of this render. He is just a... mutant dog).

oh wow! That's awesome, definitely changes the look of the set!! Thanks for taking the time to show the before/after.. :-)

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,964

I’ve used it on an ichthyosaur. You can put it on anything. :)

https://willbear.deviantart.com/art/Scalelands-Aquarium-649575381

• I've used Anagenessis 2 only, but would highly recommend it to anyone. If 3 is better then I better put itt on my list of christmas gifts for myself quick!