OT Photoshop CC Issue

I'm having a major problem with the latest version. I updated two days ago and since then, I cannot edit any layer except for the original layer or its copy. This make the whole program unusable. I use many multiple layers for every project and use multiply, screen, soft light etc on almost everything. Was working before the update its not working now. No matter what I do I cannot edit any layer with the modes except of the original. Doesn't matter if I move it up or down the stack, I can use the brush, dodge and burn and all the other tools but I cannot use the modes. Which make it worthless. I am on a deadline and can't afford to waste days figuring this out! Unchecking auto select did not work, resetting the tools did not work, and installing the previous version before the update did not work. No layers are locked, and no, they are not hidden. Please help!  Oh, and the Adobe Community Forums are experiencis a serious error so I can't even post there for help.  Also, rebooting did not help.

Comments

• I found an older post in the adobe forums where someone had a similar issue and he was told to change the image mode from 32 bit to  8 or 16.

Don't know if it helps  'cause he never replied back, but maybe worth a try  ? :) 

• Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,148

I found the same thing as Ferretmania.  Other than that, perhaps try the general fix (for photoshop issues) suggested in the attachment.

photoshop issues.JPG
    1584 x 1356 - 278K
  • ebergerlyebergerly Posts: 3,255
    Perhaps you can jump over to Gimp to meet your deadline and worry about it later?
  • ArtAngelArtAngel Posts: 1,641

Did you try a system restore? If not, try to find a point prior to the update.  But if you try a system restore, make sure your system is offline during the restore and also offline when you try reopening PS.

. . .  and installing the previous version before the update did not work. No layers are locked, and no, they are not hidden. Please help!  Oh, and the Adobe Community Forums are experiencis a serious error so I can't even post there for help.  Also, rebooting did not help.

• thd777thd777 Posts: 933

I asume you are referring to the Darken, Multiply, Color burn, etc. modes? I am running the latest CC Photoshop version and they work as usual here (Version number 19.0). Not much help, I know. 

Hope you can figure it out

Ciao

TD

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Thanks everyone!  I did manage to get it sorted in time.  I finally tried switching to a different layout (photography I think) and then switchd back to esentials.  that seemd to unlock whatever was lockd.  I still have no idea wht it was.  I'm blaming  the cat for walkin over keboard lol.  Strange, but working now so I am back on track