Is there a way to do this in DS?

Is there a way to have a camera move through a big scene and record it like a video within Daz Studio? And if so, how would I do that and would it need an interactive license even if people could not interact with the scene at all except as a passive viewer? 

Comments

• Yes, you have to animate your camera and render a video.

No, this is not "interactive" because you are not including the model data.

• Oh yeah... Interactive licensing. I forgot about that. It was a new idea when I was here last.

So? I have a question about that. What counts as interactive? If I were to make a video game or mobile app using a Daz character or figure I understand that would require an interactive license. But what if I do something like make an interactive video series on Youtube or something, using Daz figures to animate my videos? Would something like that still fall under "basic" licensing?

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,793

Yes, you have to animate your camera and render a video.

No, this is not "interactive" because you are not including the model data.

Thanks but how do you animate your camera and render a video? Any tutorials/links? 

• As long as you are not including the model data (like geometry and textures) you are fine. You can make choose-your own adventures or whatever you want with rendered content and not need the license.

Great! But how? Where do I find a tutorial on how to animate the camera and render a video? Thanks

• Here is a pretty good place to start for using your timeline to setup animations.

• This one gives a basic overview of Render settings for animation.

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882

Have you done any animated drapes with either Optitex Dynamics or DForce?  Or any animation with Poser? The basics are pretty much the same, except you're moving the camera, not the figure.

I don't do a lot of animating, so this isn't going to be super detailed, but this might work as a loose starting framework

You'll need to open the timeline tab (under the Windows menu) and then move your camera through the scene, marking key frames (the little key icon with the "+" symbol) on the timeline.  Remember that the timeline is by frames, and DS defaults to 30 frames per second (typical movies run at 24 frames per second) so you will want to extend the timeline to your desired length.

On the render settings tab, you change output to animation (or frames... I don't have DS open at the moment, and don't remember it exactly)

Have you done any animated drapes with either Optitex Dynamics or DForce?  Or any animation with Poser? The basics are pretty much the same, except you're moving the camera, not the figure.

I don't do a lot of animating, so this isn't going to be super detailed, but this might work as a loose starting framework

You'll need to open the timeline tab (under the Windows menu) and then move your camera through the scene, marking key frames (the little key icon with the "+" symbol) on the timeline.  Remember that the timeline is by frames, and DS defaults to 30 frames per second (typical movies run at 24 frames per second) so you will want to extend the timeline to your desired length.

On the render settings tab, you change output to animation (or frames... I don't have DS open at the moment, and don't remember it exactly)

OK thanks. I haven't done any animation yet, so that makes it more confusing to me especially since I'm animating a camera rather than a person, although it would be cool to do both. I'm not at that point yet but I'm sure when I'm ready, I'll have a ton more questions! For now, I just wanted to see if it was possible, and links to tutorials to see if it was something that wasn't ridiculously over my head!i

This one gives a basic overview of Render settings for animation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRz5dQ5ori

Thanks, I will check these out laugh