The best Manga like model

I am looking for anime models that are of good quality and I can't seems to find any! I'm sure there must be at least one that i'd be happy with somewhere, but I guess I suck at internet. Therefore I am asking here ^^. I've played with the star model and Idk ... She feels weird... A bit less when you only use her morphs on other G3fs characters but even there I can't seems to get what I am looking for.  I heard it is possible to bring mmd models on Daz, thats the kind of look I am looking for, unfortunately, I'm on mac, I feel that i'll get into trouble with those models, like It'd be very limited.. So yeah, is there good quality anime models that are easily uploadable on Daz that you know of? A G3f would be the best. If there is none, do you have tips for a very average Daz user like me??

Thx for your time

Comments

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032

There is one in the DAZ Store called Star 2.0. That is a female toon style manga. There there is Aiko 7 (female) / Kemji 7 (male) that are DAZ Originals products that are hybrid manga-realistic models.

• TheCedizTheCediz Posts: 172

This model looks quite good actually!! Thanks :D

• TheCedizTheCediz Posts: 172

There is one in the DAZ Store called Star 2.0. That is a female toon style manga. There there is Aiko 7 (female) / Kemji 7 (male) that are DAZ Originals products that are hybrid manga-realistic models.

I've played with those. They are very nice models indeed, but atm I am looking for a even more anime model. Thx for your answer :)

• dreamfarmerdreamfarmer Posts: 2,128
    edited December 2017

I’ve found Mika pretty useful for mixing in with other ‘toon’ characters while pursuing anime looks. Also VYZk Stella, one of the few morphs for Star 2.0, I think serves as a better anime base than Star herself. 

The real endless dilemma for me is finding a male model to match the female options. 

Post edited by dreamfarmer on
  • GreymomGreymom Posts: 1,109

There is the classic Anime Doll by MayaX at that "other" site (there are free male morphs available).  You can get a CrossDresserX4 module to help convert/fit clothes.  

Also MayaX and 3DOutlaw have an anime head for the Genesis 2 Female, also at the "other" site.  For the G2 head, there are free male morphs and tutorials on using the head with G3F, G2M, etc.   I bought the G2 head, but have not had time to try it yet.

At the same site, there is a manga head replacement for teen Josie, and Mangastic Satsuki character for Genesis 3 (by EdArt3D).

• The real endless dilemma for me is finding a male model to match the female options. 

I converted Tofusan's to male. Can't do that with the others unfortunately.

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 7,018

Have you considered this product? https://www.daz3d.com/sf-anime-character-builder

• if not limited to using just G3F or DAZ figures there are standalone figures like this one

http://www.schells.ca/anime-girl-kristin

you can use dforce to make some clothes work just parented and posed

• FenixPhoenixFenixPhoenix Posts: 3,070
    edited December 2017

I've used the morph for G3 "Anime head" by Tofusan. Then I mixed that up with MDD Anabelle by Maddelirium (100% body, 75% head) + Victoria 7 (50% head). Then I use the Growing Up for Genesis 3 Female(s) by @Zev0 to tweak the body and make her look younger and less curvy. Here are some example renders. Might've been better to use the non-make up version, but you get the point :).

PS: Did this one below for a competition over at the rendo but couldn't get it done in time.

Anime.png
    618 x 1000 - 986K
    anime2.png
    618 x 1000 - 512K
    Post edited by FenixPhoenix on
  • 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,471

I won't plug "AnimeDoll for G2F" (which works on G3F, as well) since someone already mentioned it  (whoops! cheeky)

You can look here for a big list:  https://poserdazfreebies.miraheze.org/wiki/Category:Anime

AmyAimee did some nice conversions for some free Anime characters onto Genesis characters:  https://amyaimei.deviantart.com/gallery/43583760/Freebies

I liked G2F Keiko a lot, but she never caught on...

Then there is the older Aiko3 which still has a big fan base, and Aiko4, which had the benefit of the entire V4 wardrobe.

...and no-one mentioned yet the "Universal Anime head", which I don't own, but looks good as well.  (google that)

Cookie is a classic, as well, still a good fan base (maybe more toon than anime).  Littlefox does great work in the toon area!

• Keep in mind too that anime/manga is very loosely defined as a style too.

This is anime.

This is also anime.

And this is anime too

So it's highly subjective what anime/manga style even is let alone what one is best.

Mostly too it'll come down to your use of shaders that determine what figure makes the best anime figure for the style you're trying to capture.

• FenixPhoenixFenixPhoenix Posts: 3,070
    edited December 2017

As someone mentioned, Cookie and Chip are also good "anime" options. If you want to expand their wardrobe, you can always morph a regular Genesis/2/3/8 (your preference), hide the head and replace it with Chip/Cookie. Examples:

EyeStyle01-NoEmission_Preview.jpg
    800 x 800 - 422K
    Style02-Preview.png
    800 x 800 - 895K
    Post edited by FenixPhoenix on
  • ghastlycomicghastlycomic Posts: 2,531
    edited December 2017

For example the simple use of cell shading makes a huge difference in how "anime" the model looks. Same model rendered in Iray and in 3Delight using the Visual Styles Manga shaders.

Cell Shaded

Iray

p20171208-193514.jpg
    1000 x 1250 - 323K
    Ed Toon 2.jpg
    1000 x 1250 - 102K
    Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 2017

For example the simple use of cell shading makes a huge difference in how "anime" the model looks. Same model rendered in Iray and in 3Delight using the Visual Styles Manga shaders.

Cell Shaded

Iray

I was expecting to like the cell shaded better but to my surprise I like the iRay better.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • TaozTaoz Posts: 9,881

Hitomi for Genesis Bundle  -  https://www.daz3d.com/catalog/product/view/id/14320

• DaremoK3DaremoK3 Posts: 798

And, that is how people are different... our likes/dislikes, even though we all share common ground.

I like Ghastly's Cel shaded render better than the iRay version.  To me, that is a great example of an anime cel emulation.  Love the rough hand-drawn background.  The iRay version does look like it could be a photo of a 3D Print, though...

Hey, Ghastly...  Radical Edward?

• DaremoK3 said:

Hey, Ghastly...  Radical Edward?

Yepper.

• I was expecting to like the cell shaded better but to my surprise I like the iRay better.

Yeah I like the way the Iray engine makes my chibi figure look like photos of plastic figurines.

My Kung-fu is Shoujo Style.png
    1200 x 1920 - 1M
  • 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,303

I was expecting to like the cell shaded better but to my surprise I like the iRay better.

Yeah I like the way the Iray engine makes my chibi figure look like photos of plastic figurines.

Cute! :)

What hair is that? It's adorable!

• It's the hair I included with the Neko Keyhole outfit.

https://www.sharecg.com/v/88100/view/21/DAZ-Studio/Lolo-Neko-Keyhole-Lolo-Hai

Yes, they are good. The cell shading looks a bit blurred to me and the colors not as clean otherwise I might like it better.

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,303
    edited December 2017

It's the hair I included with the Neko Keyhole outfit.

Oh Awesome! It looks like a really fun outfit and hair - thank you for sharing it with us! yes

Those other Lolo clothes you've created are cute too. I'm going to have to see if I can make a Lolo clone for G8F. :D I'd love to be able to use them with G8F.

Post edited by 3Diva on
  • It's the hair I included with the Neko Keyhole outfit.

Oh Awesome! It looks like a really fun outfit and hair - thank you for sharing it with us! yes

Those other Lolo clothes you've created are cute too. I'm going to have to see if I can make a Lolo clone for G8F. :D I'd love to be able to use them with G8F.

Awesome! Good luck making the clone. I sort of made one for Genesis 1 but it's not very good, messes things up around the neck and the feet and gloves are right out. Hopefully you have better luck than I did.