how do I make 3DL the default?

Somehow, DS has decided that I want to render in Iray. I don't. Is there a way to make DS pick 3DL as the default renderer so I don't hit render and go "@#$% !!!" the first time every time. It crashed my computer the last time I tried to cancel the render so it's getting pretty old. And remembering to change it to 3DL each time won't work because I don't have a brain...just a random bunch of brain cells that don't talk to each other most days...hell, I've only just got it ingrained in my head to save the scene before rendering it and that took 13 years. Ta in advance.

Lorraine

Comments

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882
    edited December 2017

It should (should mind you) remember which render engine you used after you save a scene, so you should only need to change it again if you load an Iray preset scene.

If it doesn't, go to Edit->Preferences then Scene and check "Record when saving a scene" under Render settings, so it will save your render settings with the scene, at least.  Also if you click on "ignore when opening" it shouldn't change your render settings when you open a scene that's saved with Iray settings.

Post edited by DaWaterRat on
  • Thank you for your suggestion. However, I'm now even more perplexed. I made an opening scene, specifying 3DL as the renderer, saved it as a scene. In preferences I have this scene loading on startup and also on New. On New it opens with 3DL set, on launch it opens with that blasted Iray renderer. Mayhap I should take Studio, bury it in the back garden with a wooden stake through its heart and covered in garlic in case it reanimates. Sigh.

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

Have you checked save rendersettings with scene in the preferences? (or something like that)

• MarcCCTxMarcCCTx Posts: 912

Change the setting, save the scene, then close the program. Studio doesn't seem to save preference when you change them. And if you crash the changes don't get saved.

• Tried that, Marc, still no joy. Have made a bug report. About to make another about DS crashing when attempting to save a support asset. Much sighing ensuing downunder :(

• Yes, Sven, done that. I've officially throwwn my hands in the air. Also considering throwing the computer into the bush!