Daz wont save my work

Everytime my work is done rendering I get this message " Could not save file to C/Users/Sean/Documents/Daz3d/Studio/Render Library/01.jpg" with 01 being my name of image. I tried everything I could think of

including saving to a different place on my harddrive. Daz just wont save my images. Has anybody else run into this? I even tried a clean install of Daz.

Using Windows 10 64 bit Daz Studio 4.10

Post edited by zigcramp_1fa8fdda66 on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,461
    edited December 2017

Are you sure it's the image it can't save, not just the thumbnail? Does File>Save Last Render work?

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • edited December 2017

File save last render does not work either. I get this message "C/Users/Sean/Documents/Daz3d/Studio/Render Library/01.jpg File not Found"

​My work wont even save as a file that I can open at a later date

Post edited by zigcramp_1fa8fdda66 on
  • You should be able to recover the current render from C:\Users\YOU\AppData\Roaming\Daz 3D\Studio4\Tempt\Render\r.png.

There have been a couple of other people with an issue like this, but I can't find their threads. What security software are you using? Have you ever run Daz Studio "as administrator" (if not, good and continue not to do so)?

• OZ-84OZ-84 Posts: 128

Maybe i am totaly wrong ... but try to run DAZ in Admin mode. Rightclick the Daz icon and select „run as administrator“... render something and try to save ...

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    OZ-84 said:

Maybe i am totaly wrong ... but try to run DAZ in Admin mode. Rightclick the Daz icon and select „run as administrator“... render something and try to save ...

Normaslly people are advised not to run as admin,  that can screw things up

• Chohole said:
    OZ-84 said:

Right, as I said in the post above. Running as administrator is going to create issues, not resolve them.

• OZ-84OZ-84 Posts: 128
    Chohole said:
    OZ-84 said:

Right, as I said in the post above. Running as administrator is going to create issues, not resolve them.

Why is this the case?

• OZ-84 said:
    Chohole said:
    OZ-84 said:

Why is this the case?

Folders and files created in administrator mode have administrator access privileges, so when you run normally they exist but cannot be accessed. There may be other issues too.

• Folders, files, registry keys, etc..

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,809
    edited December 2017

Check the permissions of the folder C/Users/Sean/Documents/Daz3d and its and subfolders and contents to make sure you have full access.  Right click>Properties.....

Post edited by WandW on
  • garadirgaradir Posts: 60
    edited December 2017

I've experienced this a few times, and still randomly finding folders where I still have this issue ...  Here's the 2 reasons that caused mine ...

1. Windows updates.  Some times Windows updates (and less commonly other updates such as anti-virus) change the permissions on certain folders or user profiles to install the updates - not sure if it's a bug in the update or poor programming that it was necessary but not backed up and reset

2. You've reinstalled Windows.  That's the main cause of mine, that each time I come to a folder on my back up drives (where may jpegs are saved to...) that was created in a different folder I'm told it's write protected and I don't even have viewing permissions.

Fixes ..... There are a couple of ways round it .... The safest and recommended is also the much, much longer way of changing the parent folder permissions each time you find an affected folder ... in this case C/Users/Sean/Documents/Daz3d ....

(Right click on this folder, select Properties > Security > Advanced > and then change the owner or better (safer), add yourself as an extra underneath ...Click OK to that window and in the next (the previous) window click on your name and ensure that you have full control ticked.  If your name doesn't appear on the list, click Edit and Add in the next window.   *** This will take a while depending on the size of the folder (may be hours) but it's the safest option.

The other way is to download a profile admin tool from somewhere like download.com and amend your file permissions across the whole C drive, but unless you're an advanced user, I don't recommend that, and I have found the hard way even as an advanced user who's work as an IT engineer for 27yrs, this can if you do it wrong stop updates and other apps working and then Windows goes nuclear and you're back to square one. 

Hope that helps.  Happy to discuss in depth if you need any more help.

Post edited by garadir on