Skin Glossiness?

I've rendered an outdoor scene with the stock Genesis 2 female.  I have a single Sun light which is configured in the render environment.

However my figure looks like she's covered in powder makeup as she has no specular reflection or sub surface scattering? Or whatever the magical term is :-)

Is this something I can play with in the Surface panel, I have had a little bit of a play but can't seem to get it right.  Or do I need to get a new skin texture?  Or is it time to get the CC out and purchase a new figure?

(sorry if this is the wrong category)

Thanks for the help

Mark

JennyG2OnCar2.png
900 x 600 - 984K

Comments

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 7,018

Did you convert her to Iray, or is this the automatic Iray conversion?

• I'm too much of a newbie to understand this question.  All I know about iray is that it is a renderer written by nvidia and tailored to use their GPUs.  

There is an iray mat for genesis 2, but I don't know how to apply it with any face makeup. Does one overwrite the other, does the face make up need to be iray specific?  I don't quite understand how applying surfaces works.  There's a whole body mat but is this supposed to be applied first or last?  Maybe there's an FAQ I should read first.

Thanks