What are the new muscle packs in today's sale?

I'm probably just being slow, but what is the difference between the 2 muscle sets in today's sale? Do you need both, is the morph set just for making body builders or is it good for just enhancing the muscles on a regular body?

Comments

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,303
    edited December 2017

? I'm not seeing two muscle packs. All I see is a muscle morphs product and a muscle texture maps product.

Post edited by 3Diva on
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,602

A morph pack and an anatomical muscle pack like you see at the doctors or in text books

They should probably look into the "details" of the Muscularity Morphs product though. Unless they ARE made for Genesis 2 Females. lol

"Muscularity Morphs for Genesis 2 Female is an extensive set of morphs that will allow you to tweak and customize your Genesis 2 female"

• DustRiderDustRider Posts: 2,717

I'm sure the muscle morphs are for G8F, since the G2F version came out years ago (same vendor). I always get these, you can add indivudual muscle definition where you want it, or (in previous versions) there is a dial to add all the muscles at once. There also has always been a flex, or flexion control that would allow you to set how much flex the muscles have as they expand/contract (joint movement).  The muscle morphs are an outstanding product, and well worth the investment IMHO.

• I have contacted Daz. I am pretty sure it should read Genesis 8.

Thanks, Cris. :)

I have contacted Daz. I am pretty sure it should read Genesis 8.

• GatorGator Posts: 1,294
    DustRider said:

I'm sure the muscle morphs are for G8F, since the G2F version came out years ago (same vendor). I always get these, you can add indivudual muscle definition where you want it, or (in previous versions) there is a dial to add all the muscles at once. There also has always been a flex, or flexion control that would allow you to set how much flex the muscles have as they expand/contract (joint movement).  The muscle morphs are an outstanding product, and well worth the investment IMHO.

Speaking of this, are the flex controls set as poses now, or still under Actor?

PLEASE LET IT BE POSE CONTROLS!

As it is with the actor, they don't get cleared resetting the figure's pose.  Or, if you need to re-apply the shape to get around what seems like a bug, it blows out the flex controls of the pose.

• dragotxdragotx Posts: 1,135
    edited December 2017
    Thanks everyone, that helps. So I definitely should pick up the morphs. But I'm still a bit confused by the maps one. Is it just the textures that make it look like someone flayed the skin off the character, or does it do something for chars that still have their skin on?
    Post edited by dragotx on
  • SorelSorel Posts: 1,390
    I was hoping a male version of these would be available at the same time :(
  • davesodaveso Posts: 6,795

i dont see flex morphs ...  

• ThatGuyThatGuy Posts: 794
    Sorel said:
    I was hoping a male version of these would be available at the same time :(

Yes, I was too.  Hopefully it is not long in coming out.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032

I will wait for a bundle with male & female muscle morphs.

I will wait for a bundle of male & female muscle maps. I do have Slosh's UV Mapper again for Genesis 8 so I guess it's not crucial though.

I will wait for a bundle of male & female organs and other intternal anatomy structures.

• dragotx said:
    Thanks everyone, that helps. So I definitely should pick up the morphs. But I'm still a bit confused by the maps one. Is it just the textures that make it look like someone flayed the skin off the character, or does it do something for chars that still have their skin on?

I think the textures make the character look like they have been flayed. 

• I will wait for a bundle with male & female muscle morphs.

I will wait for a bundle of male & female muscle maps. I do have Slosh's UV Mapper again for Genesis 8 so I guess it's not crucial though.

I will wait for a bundle of male & female organs and other intternal anatomy structures.

yes

Waiting too. Got burned too many times.

dragotx said:

That's because that's what medical schools do to teach doctors & such, although they are trending digital, I hope they don't loose sight that digital representations will also be identical or nearly identical (say several companies might make competing digital models), whereas real people are not identical, potentially overlooking new discoveries about human health and environmental damage that would have been discovered via traditional methods of dissection and study.

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,871

Unless the G8F muscle maps come in a version that does not include the breast structure, trying to use those for a male figure would be deeply problematic.

• dragotxdragotx Posts: 1,135
    dragotx said:

Thanks, that's what I was trying to figure out.  

• dragotx said:
    dragotx said:

Thanks, that's what I was trying to figure out.  

they can be used with a geoshell of normal skin or under one with transmaps for wounds, slashes etc

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,964

It’s awesome to see this; I’ve been using the v4/m4 maps for AGES

vwrangler said:

Unless the G8F muscle maps come in a version that does not include the breast structure, trying to use those for a male figure would be deeply problematic.

Hmm. that's right. Although all men have mammory glands that haven't undergone the degree of hormonal change adult female mammary glands have.

• SimonWMSimonWM Posts: 924

Hi all. A male version for the morphs and the maps is very close to completion and will be submitted to DAZ in the coming weeks.  Flex morphs weren't included in this version as Genesis 8 for the first time has already flex morphs by default and in many cases extra morphs will just create conflicts.  A separate product will deal with flexions and will be a better fit for more advanced projects like those requiring animations.

• SorelSorel Posts: 1,390
    SimonWM said:

Hi all. A male version for the morphs and the maps is very close to completion and will be submitted to DAZ in the coming weeks.  Flex morphs weren't included in this version as Genesis 8 for the first time has already flex morphs by default and in many cases extra morphs will just create conflicts.  A separate product will deal with flexions and will be a better fit for more advanced projects like those requiring animations.

Awesome thank you!
  • Was surprised to discover the texture doesn't give a completely 'flayed' appearance, as conventional skin phases in for extremities of fingers and toes, as well as ears, nose and belly button.

Then was even more surprised to find I don't have any existing G3 morphs to hide fingernails/toenails, regardless! Was able to use some to hide the fleshy part of the nose, lips and the ears, but there was still some conventional skin visible in those particular areas. Creative use of lighting might potentially solve that.

Still greatly relieved to finally have an Iray-compatible version of this texture for G3 use. Should look great when used for any themed X-ray art. Already considering toning down the opacity and seeing if the new G3 skeleton can be placed inside it... But am unsure how I'd get it to follow any identical poses.

Was surprised to discover the texture doesn't give a completely 'flayed' appearance, as conventional skin phases in for extremities of fingers and toes, as well as ears, nose and belly button.

Then was even more surprised to find I don't have any existing G3 morphs to hide fingernails/toenails, regardless! Was able to use some to hide the fleshy part of the nose, lips and the ears, but there was still some conventional skin visible in those particular areas. Creative use of lighting might potentially solve that.

Still greatly relieved to finally have an Iray-compatible version of this texture for G3 use. Should look great when used for any themed X-ray art. Already considering toning down the opacity and seeing if the new G3 skeleton can be placed inside it... But am unsure how I'd get it to follow any identical poses.

Post some renders