Newbie - my DAZ clothes won't move with model. Help?

Okay, I'm a newbie and I'm missing something. I have downloaded lots of models and clothes. I'm not even using Hexagon, just DAZ, so no custom clothes, just items I purchased from the DAZ store. Trying to make characters with Genesis. I have the clothes fitting in the basic starter pose, but when I try to change the pose and move the character the clothes don't follow. What am I missing or doing wrong?

Comments

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 7,018
    edited December 2017

When you apply the clothing, make sure that you have the character selected in the scene tab. Otherwise, the clothing will load into the scene, but not be put on the character.

If you already have such a piece of clothing in your scene, go to the scene tab, select the clothing, right click and select "Fit to" from the list. Then, a window will pop up where you can select the Genesis.

Oh, and be aware that it makes a difference which genesis generation you have loaded, and for which generation the clothing was made, so sometimes the fitted clothing can look really distrorted. But that is a pretty large topic in itself.

There are also some good video tutorials made by DAZ to help you through the basics of the program: https://www.daz3d.com/help/help-daz-3d-video-tutorials

Post edited by BeeMKay on
  • Thanks! I'm actually just coming back to DAZ after using it briefly generations ago, and i'm pretty much starting over. Now that you said that, it makes sense. I'm pretty sure I knew it at one time. LOL Thank you.