Animating the camera in Daz Studio 4.10

gibrril_fa945a6ceegibrril_fa945a6cee Posts: 540
edited December 2017 in The Commons

Hi all!

I want to "animate" the camera in Daz Studio. I have a scene I want to render from a number of different angles. Up until now I did this using multiple cameras ( called camera 1 through camera 5). I have a bunch of these scenes saved already. Now my plan was to create a seperate camera and have that camera take over the exact position of camera 1 through 5 spread out over 5 frames. (one position for each frame). So I created a timeline with five frames and on every frame, I copy the pose of one of my 5 cameras over to my "animation camera". Yet when I do this, it would appear that Daz Studio doesn't understand this. Whichever pose I copied over last, turns out to be the "fixed" position for may "animation camera" throughout the entire five frame sequence. It doesn't matter if I make these frames keyframes or not, when I run the animation, the camera position does not change... It always stays put on whichever position I copied over last. Daz Studio does not appear to understand these poses need apply for the current frame only... How do I do this?

Thanks a lot,

Me

Post edited by gibrril_fa945a6cee on

Comments

• you need to add a keyframe at the start as otherwise any new keyframesalong the timeline also apply to the start if there is none, on anything such as morphs as well as transformations.

Be prepared though your camera may well spin wildly between the two frames as it tweens all parameters.

It is the oddest camera of all my 3D programs as far as that goes including even Blender!

• gibrril_fa945a6ceegibrril_fa945a6cee Posts: 540
    edited December 2017

Thanks for the reply!

I tried adding a keyframe to every frame, but it still doens't work... Or do you mean I need to add an extra frame at the beginning, make it a key frame but don't use it as part of the rendering sequence?

Also, to be complete, I litteraly copy the the camera over by copying the camera item and then pasting it's pose to my "animation camera". I do not really drag the "animation camera" around the scene, trying to get the position of my "number cameras" by hand. I copy it over.

Thanks a lot,

Me

Post edited by gibrril_fa945a6cee on
  • Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

How did you copy the poses? If you just select cam 1 in the scene tab and copy, then paste onto the new cam you will just get an exact copy of cam 1, every keyframe previously made for the new cam will be erased. Try creating a new camera at frame 0, manually enter the values for camera1 in the parameters pane and then press the +button in the timeline to make a keyframe for all its parameters, then move to frame 1 and enter the values for cam 2 and repeat. That should work, I'm sure someone has a better solution but as long as you make a keyframe for every frame using the +button you should have all data for that cam recorded in every keyframe, not only translation/rotation values but also DOF, focal length etc.

• Thanks for the replies! I will try the manual method later today, when I'm back at my Daz PC. I downloaded the script, but the video tutorial is no longer online. Does anyone know where that could be found? A text-manual would also be perfectly fine :)

Thanks a lot,

Me

• Hi! Typing in the data for the camera manually frame by frame works!!! So for all future sets, I'm using that approach! Thanks a lot! If can figure out this Camseq script, I might just be able to "convert" the scenes that I made already quite quickly, otherwise that would have to be done manually too.

Thanks a lot,

Me

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

Hi! Typing in the data for the camera manually frame by frame works!!! So for all future sets, I'm using that approach! Thanks a lot! If can figure out this Camseq script, I might just be able to "convert" the scenes that I made already quite quickly, otherwise that would have to be done manually too.

Thanks a lot,

Me

Good to hear it's working! And if I find out a better way of doing it I'll post it here;)

Have to check this out when I get the time, all those script are very useful I'm sure!

• CGI3DMCGI3DM Posts: 279
    edited December 2017

Then create a new camera named "Camera Main"

Add Camera 1    0 - 30 (Button insert)

Add Camera 2    31  - 45  (Button insert)

Add Camera 3    46  - 120 

etc,etc.

(Button Doit)

cameraseq.png
    528 x 642 - 14K
    Post edited by CGI3DM on
  • Thanks for the replies! I'm doing a test run with the script now. I'll let you know how it went! Thanks for the link to the script and the walkthroug, and of course, the manual way of doing it, this realy halps me to understand Daz Studio a lot better!

Thanks a lot,

Me

• I'm rendering it out now, using the script. So far everything seems to be working just the same as in the manual method. One little question still: I'm rendering this out as an image series now, using a batch render process, so it can automatically proceed to the next file once all frames are rendered. At the start of every new "multiple frame" file, the batch render process asks me to name the file. (It uses that name and incrementing numbers to then render and name the different frames of that file.) It never did that when rendering single frame files. Is there a way I can incorporate the naming into the render settings of the file, or into the file itself? That way the process won't get stuck on the name prompt when I set it up to render all day, while I'm off doing my day job.

Thanks a lot,

Me

• Hi again. The script also works! This speed up the work of "reworking" the scenes I had allready saved out a lot!!! Thanks for this!!!

Does anybody know how to get the naming process automated? (previous post) Then I'm all settled to have it render while I'm off :)

Thanks a lot,

Me