Where D|S Scenes Get Their Data

Out of curiosity, I've started listing the many locations on my hard drives where Studio scene files gather data to build a scene. And it's jaw dropping. So far I'm at 4 different folder locations, and a ton of sub-folders under those. And I've just started. Here's what I have so far:

Store bought character stuff:

• C:\Users\username\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Daz Connect Library\data\cloud\(PA folders for textures, objects, etc....)

LIE textures:

• C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4\temp

Personal textures:

• C:\Runtime\textures\My Texture JPEGS

Personal .duf files (scenes, props, etc.):

• D:\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library

So I'm starting to see that when you have to synch DAZ Studio on multiple machines, it's quite a chore to make sure the file reference locations are similar across the machines. And I guess somehow everyone's supposed to know all of this, and all of these locations? 

Does anyone know off the top if I'm missing any? This gets kinda tedious trying to figure out all the different stuff used in a scene. The LIE thing was just dumb luck as I was working on an LIE and noticed it's in a weird temp file. 

Comments

• ebergerlyebergerly Posts: 3,255

And what's stranger...

There are no references in the scene .duf file to any folder locations...no mention of "C:" or "D:". So how does it know where to get the textures and objects, etc.?

• ebergerly said:

And what's stranger...

There are no references in the scene .duf file to any folder locations...no mention of "C:" or "D:". So how does it know where to get the textures and objects, etc.?

If these are defined within DAZ Studio, that's where it gets it from.

Ahh, okay. Except for the temp files for LIE in Appdata/Roaming, all of those appear in the Content Directory Manager directories.

So does anyone know where the CDM file is located so that I can make sure that any changes in that data on my main computer can be copied to the other computers? 

Apparently one of my big mistakes was failing to copy over C:\Users\Public\Documents\My DAZ3D Library. Each Content Directory Manager in both computers references those directories (probably a default when it was installed), but I never though to include it in my backup. Geez.